68 - Blue Moon (Part 2)

"Jesse! Can you hear me? Where are you?"

I was walking aimlessly in a terrifying twilight before I heard Andrew's voice. I couldn't remember how long I spent in that condition or why I was even there but it felt like an eternity. Not to mention my hands were practically frozen and I could barely even move my fingers.

I turned towards the way where he was speaking from. Then I took a step forward and saw his face. His eyes were teary and puffy.

"Andrew, over here!" I called for him but he ignored me. "Why aren't you saying anything? Weren't you searching for me?" I got frustrated when he chose not to answer me yet again.

I went closer to him to touch his body because I assume he couldn't hear me but my hand went right through his shoulder. I didn't even feel his skin against my fingertips as if I was touching thin air.

"What the fuck!" I sighed with annoyance once I realized I was probably having a dream or maybe a vision. Either way I needed to find a way out of whatever this was.

I was so shocked when that happened that I completely missed how Andrew continued walking and vanished from my sight. I panicked and started rambling into the forest hoping that I'd somehow be able to reach him again. To no one's surprise I didn't find anything that would even be remotely helpful.

A deep groan escaped my mouth as my butt touched the ground when I decided to rest for a few moments before continuing my journey which, by the way seemed totally hopeless. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to relax.

Thousands of questions were twirling through my mind like - 'Am I dead? If so then why am I able to breathe or how can I close my eyes? Why can't I touch Andrew but I can sit on the ground? If I'm dead does that mean I'm a ghost? If I'm a ghost does that mean I can haunt people or places? Or will I go to heaven soon? Wait I'm pretty sure some people told me that being gay is a sin so I'm probably going to hell, right? But I'm not religious so maybe those rules don't apply to me... Ouch, my brain is hurting from all these unnecessarily complicated questions. It's like I'm having an existential crisis. But I'm supposed to be dead so that's ironic... Who knows, maybe living as a ghost isn't such a bad thing. I'll be able to scare people and uh... Actually now that I think about it, being a ghost sucks. Well except for the fact that I won't have to socialize anymore. I'll be lonely though... Ugh! Just shut up, Jesse! You're distracting me! Oh, great, now I started talking to myself. I'm mental. Love that!'

When I was basically having a breakdown and wasn't paying attention to my surroundings I heard a strange noise coming from behind me which finally snapped me out of my dazed state. I opened my eyes and looked back and saw a door. I quickly jumped and walked towards it.

Why was there a freaking door in the middle of nowhere? Maybe I really was becoming insane.

As I was doubting my consciousness the door suddenly opened by itself and a blinding light shined through it. I had to look away or I would surely lose my eyesight. But then I remembered one very important thing. Something like this had already happened to me. That time when I almost drowned, while I was attempting to save Andrew, I met my grandfather and he showed me a door and that's how I was able to get back to my body. I assumed the same thing would happen again so I repeated the action and hesitantly took a step forward.

Brightness disappeared as soon as I entered the door which took me somewhere very familiar actually. I was in my room in my parents' house. I recognized my posters but everything was covered in dust and filth. It was honestly really disturbing to look at this picture.

I stared at the empty bed which was a mess. When was the last time I slept in this room? I wasn't sure about the answer but I knew it had been a while since I stepped my foot in this house. Why was I even here at all?