6.

- Delilah -

I woke up in pain, oh how I hated mother nature

I woke up in pain, oh how I hated mother nature. Looking at the sheets, I realized I had bled in Rod's bed. God this was embarrassing to me. I hope he won't be mad upon waking up.

I got out of my side of the bed, and quickly headed for the shower. The warm water would definitely calm these cramps.

After about 15 minutes of washing, I stepped out, drying off. I grabbed some paper towels off the roll, folding them neatly, and placing them into my underwear. This is how my mother showed me to do it.

After slipping into something comfortable, I walked out of the bedroom, seeing that Rod was now awake, holding a bag in his hands.

"Good morning. I got you something." He held out a bag with something named "Always" in it.

"What's this?" I questioned, seeing as though I had never seen or heard of this.

"You kidding me? You bleeding and you don't know what pads are?" He squinted his eyes at me, seeming to be confused, but I was serious.

"Pads?" I scratched my head.

"As in what's gone stop anymore blood from getting in my sheets... wait, so if you don't know what they are, what do you use?" He questioned me.

Seeing that I was so out of the loop, I was a little hesitant to answer, trying to save myself further embarrassment.

"Paper towels. I thought that was what you were supposed to use."

"You know, you got me wanting to kill Marge." He stated. I felt nothing towards the statement, in fact, she was dead to me already anyways.

"Wouldn't mind if you did." I mumbled, taking the bag from his hands.

After reading the directions, I had this pad thing figured out. It was indeed more comfortable than the paper towels that I was used to.

"Just lay down, I'll be back upstairs in a few." Rod said before walking out of the room.

Moments later, he returned with a tray. On the tray was a hot cup of tea, along with a banana and some pain medicine.

Upon drinking the tea, I instantly felt my body begin to relax. After chomping down the banana, there wasn't even really a need for the pain pills.

"How do you know about all this stuff?" I looked up at Rod, needing answers, because my first instinct would always be to just go ahead and pop the pills.

"I wasn't always alone." He answered quickly. "When you done, just get up a few while I change the sheets and everything."

"Okay."

Once he had everything situated, we began to cuddle, as we did previous nights.

"How do you manage to get away with barely working. In fact, I haven't seen you leave, really since I got here." I asked out of curiosity. How much money could be made if most of your time was spent at home?

"When you running shit, there's people under you. I treat all my workers with respect, so they give it back. If I need to take a few days away, I trust them to keep shit under control for me." He answered.

"Understood."

He began playing in my hair. I was always blessed with a healthy head of hair, so I didn't mind. In fact this was truly relaxing.

"It may be none of my business, but what was your last relationship like?" I asked. I honestly didn't know why I was so curious.

"It started out good. Honestly, she made me feel like the happiest person alive. She was smart. We met in high school, remaining just friends until we both felt like we were comfortable enough to make the next step. Long story short, shorty went to school out of state. Always giving me excuses as to why we weren't talking. She was either busy or had to study. Come to find out, she was fucking some college nigga and had a baby on me." I saw that he was now flexing his jaw muscles. I could tell this was a touchy subject for him.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I told him. The room grew silent as he just begin to slightly massage my scalp.

"Sometimes, you just have to take the situations that you think will end you, and grow from it. We all got something great in store for us, but it's up to you to listen to the signs and move forward." He shrugged.

Move forward. That's exactly what I planned to do...