33.

Working tomorrow, so I hope y'all have a happy Thanksgiving, and here's a chapter 💜
_______________________________

Waking up in the middle of the night, Rod decided to go downstairs to the kitchen to get a late night snack, careful not to wake Delilah.

"Shit, I gotta pee." Rod spoke to himself, going into the downstairs bathroom.

After flushing the toilet, he washed his hands under the warm faucet.

As he was throwing his paper towel into the trash, something caught his eye.

Picking up the disposed pregnancy test, he read the positive sign.

"You gotta be kidding me." He smiled to himself.

Sitting down on the toilet lid, he took a moment to gather his emotions.

A single tear rolled down his face. He was so excited, yet confused as to why Delilah didn't just tell him.

He thought back to last night, when she said she was pregnant, but he honestly thought it was just the sex talking.

Heading back upstairs, he went into the guest room, pulling out his phone. He began surfing the web, ordering blankets, teddy bears and other stuff you can get before knowing the gender of the baby. He was so happy, he didn't care how soon he was getting stuff.

After ordering about $1500 worth of stuff, Rod headed back into the room with Delilah. He looked at her face while she slept. Knowing that she was carrying his seed made her even more beautiful than before.

He reached his hand underneath the covers and began rubbing her stomach. Of course she wasn't showing, but just knowing something was in there made Rod feel anxious.

___________________________________

Not being able to go back to sleep, Rod waited patiently for Delilah to wake up.

"Good morning babies, I mean baby." Rod smiled once Delilah finally opened her eyes.

Doing a stretch, she slowly got out of the bed, and headed to the bathroom, to brush her teeth and take her morning pee.

"Rod, let's do something today." She shouted from the bathroom.

"Let's go to the carnival, and get on all of the rides." Rod said, hoping to make Delilah nervous about the pregnancy, to see if she would talk to him more about when she actually found out.

"Um, not something like that." Delilah answered.

"Why not?" Rod played like he didn't already know why that didn't sound like a good idea to her.

"I was just thinking something a little more chill."

"Well, how about we go plant some seeds in the backyard, and hope to see how fast it grows." Rod said trying to be funny. Still Delilah didn't pick up on what he was trying to do.

"Ooou that sounds fun. I always wanted to have my own garden." Delilah coo'ed.

Rolling his eyes, Rod got frustrated with Delilah still not telling him. Even though he already knew what was up, he just wished that they could share the news together.

"Baby, come here." Rod patted his thigh. Delilah took a seat on his leg.

He placed a kiss on her neck. "Why you wouldn't just tell me?" He asked her.

"Tell you what?" Delilah asked innocently.

"Come on Ma, I seen the test." He sighed.

"Rod. I was going to tell you, I just couldn't find the right timing." She put her head down, not able to give him direct eye contact.

"Explain to me what "right timing" is to you? Because I believe as long as a part of me is inside of you, I have every right to know, no matter what time it is."

"You're right Rod, I should have told you. I was just scared." She admitted.

"Look at me baby." He lifted her chin with his index finger. "You don't never have to be scared to tell me no shit like that. I love you, and as many babies as I'ma put inside of you, you gone have to get used to telling me that." He said making her crack a little smile.

"Now, as bad as I really don't want to go plant no shit, you said you always wanted a garden, so let's go make that shit happen."