41.

"He's going to marry her!" Nicolas passed the news on to Marge, who's body was wrapped in his silky sheets.

"That's wonderful! She deserves nothing but the best, and I believe he's the one to give it to her." Marge was thrilled about the news. Rod had been nothing but a blessing to all of them, for everything he'd done for Delilah. He'd sheltered her, fed her, provided for her, and all the other things that a man is to do for the woman he loves.

After stripping down from his street clothes, Nicolas laid back in the bed behind Marge, pulling her body into his. Both of them let out a long breath.

"Do you remember when we got married?" Marge whispered into the darkness.

"How could I ever forget? You were the most beautiful woman to exist." Nicolas answered making Marge feel the same butterflies she felt when the two first laid eyes on each other. She was glad that the lights were off, so he couldn't see the silly grin she had on her face.

"We were so young back then." Marge let her mind take a trip down memory lane. She closed her eyes and exhaled as she remembered the look on Nicolas's face when they both said "I do." You would think he had won the lottery.

"Young and in love. It was a beautiful thing." Nicolas squeezed Marge's body a little tighter. Being in his arms made her feel as though she had nothing to worry about.

"I can still smell the perfume you were wearing." Nicolas chuckled before letting go of Marge, and hopping out of the bed.

He walked over to the dresser, pulling out his top drawer. Removing a few pieces of clothing, he pulled out a small bag. Walking over to the light, he turned it on, allowing both of their eyes to adjust to the brightness before walking back over to the bed.

He tilted the bag towards Marge, letting her know it was for her. She smiled before taking it from his hands and opening it.

Inside was a bottle of the perfume in which she wore on their wedding day.

"Nicolas, you really remembered?" All of her teeth were showing as she smiled like a kid in a candy store.

"Marge, when I tell you, you meant everything to me back then, still do. There's nothing I forgot about you. I dated when we split, but there was no woman who could replace your spot in my heart." Nicolas meant every word he was saying. Marge was special to him, and sometimes he didn't even know why. She had caused so much chaos in his life, but yet he still found his self thinking about her every day and night. He never once stopped praying for her. And even when he felt like completely letting go, something deep down in him held on to the idea that one day she would come back around, and here she was.

Marge took the cap off of the perfume, and took a whiff. The smell brought back 1,000 memories. Some would see this gift as just a bottle, but to Nicolas and her self, it held sentimental values that she would never forget.

"Thank you, Nicolas." She wrapped her arms around his shoulders. She never wanted to be let go from his embrace.

Nicolas let her continue to hold on, as he scooped her body up, and led her into the living room.

He turned on his stereo system, and hit play.

"Drifting on a memory,
Ain't no place I'd rather be
Than with you."

Placing Marge on her feet, the couple both looked at each other and smiled.

"Nicolas, this was our song." Marge blushed as she listened to the lyrics of the Isley Brother's - For the Love of You.

"May I have this dance?" Nicolas reached for Marge's hand. She shook her head yes as they hooked on to each other.

She rested her head in the crook of Nicolas's neck. All of her worries seemed to melt away the more she was with this man. She needed him.

Her body began to relax against his.

Nicolas pulled away just a little to get a good look into her eyes. "I love you Marge." He said huskily before placing a kiss on her lips.