9.

-Delilah-

I woke up from a nap, and begin thinking

I woke up from a nap, and begin thinking. Looking over at Rod, seeing he was still sleep, I decided not to get out the bed. Staring at the ceiling, I began brainstorming on when and where to start my new beginnings. I was ever so grateful for Rod, and him saving me from my situation, but it was time I took control over my life for once and for all.

"You good?" Rod's voice spoke, making me slightly jump, not noticing he had now been awake.

"Yeah, I was just thinking." I answered not giving him eye contact.

"About what?" He asked.

"Maybe it's time I get a job. You know, so I can start making money, maybe even paying you a little rent." I answered.

He let out a sigh. "You don't need to do that. I'm not stressing over a little rent money."

"Well, then just to have something in my pockets." I looked at him.

"If you need money, all you got to do is ask, I don't want you working D."

"Well, it's something I want to do for myself Rod. I appreciate everything you've done, but I need a life too. I don't see myself depending on a man forever, I need to be able to stand on my own two feet." I rolled my eyes.

"Then stand up, but as far as the job, the answer is no. You want some money, then just keep the house straight and I'll break you off a little bread." He began rubbing my back.

"Thank you, but no thank you. I said what I said." I pulled the covers back, laying back down. I turned my back towards him, because he wasn't going to tell me what and what not to do.

"So what I said, doesn't really matter to you?" He questioned.

"It's not that, why can't I just be my own person?" I asked.

"Being your own person ain't safe. I'm just trying to protect you. What's the purpose in getting a job, if I'm willing to help you?" At this point he sounded a little frustrated. I refused to go back and forth about something as simple as me working to make it on my own.

"Ok Rod." Was all I said, before closing my eyes and pretending to be asleep.

I woke up to the smell of food being prepared. Getting out of the bed, I decided to hop into his large shower. It was needed, I needed to relax.

I let the water hit my body, and stood there for about ten minutes before actually washing my body.

After I was finished, I dried off, and changed into a sweatsuit, since he kept it chilly in his house.

I made my way downstairs, seeing Rod in the kitchen, preparing a plate.

"This one's for you." He handed me a plate that consisted of fish, greens, macaroni and cornbread.