39.

One Year Later ..

Everything seemed to be moving along in a great direction for Rod and Delilah. Their relationship was growing stronger, due to better communication skills, and Delilah getting over her trust issues. Also, four months ago, they were blessed with their beautiful daughter, Aaliyah.

Delilah wanted Aaliyah's life to be completely different from her's

Delilah wanted Aaliyah's life to be completely different from her's. She promised herself that she would never make her daughter go through what she'd been through in life. She loved Aaliyah unconditionally from first sight.

Rod was also in love with his daughter. She was the most beautiful creation in his eyes. Everyday, he was always the first to go into her room, change her, feed her and just spend alone, quality, daddy daughter time. Her little smile alone made him feel as though he was on top of the world.

Whenever he looked in Aaliyah's face, he was even more sure that it was time he tied the knot with Delilah. His family was everything to him, and he wanted it to be permanent. Besides that, he was already ready to put another baby inside of Delilah. After all, they made cute kids.

Marge was released from rehab six months ago, and was proud to say she was over a year clean. She had taken up Nicolas's offer to go to church, and for months now, they never missed a Sunday, and she loved it. She had even taken it upon herself to walk up to the alter and get saved.

After church, Her and Nicolas would both visit Rod and Delilah's, where the family would enjoy Sunday Dinner. It was nothing like the feeling Marge got inside whenever she got to hold her grand daughter. She was happy that every thing she'd done in the past, had been forgiving and that they were finally moving forward with their lives.

Delilah and Marge rebuilt their relationship to the point where it felt as if there was never a hole in it in the first place. They talked, laughed and even shopped together all the time. Marge had gotten a new job recently, so whenever she could, she spoiled her daughter like she felt she should have done her whole life.

Although Delilah had forgiving Marge, deep down inside, she still needed to learn how to forgive herself. Since being clean, sometimes being around Delilah brought on a sense of guilt. She hated the fact that she did the things she had done. Delilah had such a beautiful heart, and since being clean Marge couldn't even imagine putting her in harms way as she'd done before.

Each night, she prayed and asked God for forgiveness and healing.

She knew for a fact that she would never let history repeat itself. She loved her family more than anything, and she wouldn't dare jeopardize losing it again. She even held love for Rod now, knowing he was the one who saved her daughter from the hurt she had put her through. She felt as though she owed Rod her life.

Nicolas, was doing well. He took it upon himself to go back to school and get a business license and open up a small diner. Cooking was always something he was passionate about, so he decided to make a living out of it. He had quit his other job, and made his diner a full time thing. It brought in a lot of earnings, so he was set.

He was filled with joy that Marge finally got her life back on track. He now recognized her again, as the woman he once fell in love with, happy that she was back in his life, but as a more improved version of herself.

Watching her transform from a crack-whore, into a god fearing soul was indeed a movie. A beautiful one. He loved being around Marge. They made each other happy.

He had considerations of one day asking her to move in with him. He knew that sometimes it'd be nice to be in each other's company all the time, since they were older now.

He wouldn't rush things though, so he would play it cool. Every day, he asked God for a sign if it would be a good move, and the more he was around Marge, the more he felt as though the growth in their relationship now, proved that he didn't want her to go anywhere.

He was over the past, and ready to see what the future would bring.

You guys, I apologize for the wait. 😫 I know it's been forever since I updated. This chapter is just to catch you up on what's been going on with everyone since I disappeared. Hope you guys are still with me. 💗