8.

I was sick of Marge's foolishness, but I was the fool for being in the shadows for so long. It was getting old and quick.

When I met Marge, she was beautiful. She had her head on her shoulders, and she was going places. She was capable of making my worst days bright with just something as simple as the sound of her laugh. She was everything a guy could have wished of having in his life. She made me feel.... complete.

Not being able to control my feelings, I found myself doing crazy things. Me and Marge even ran away from our homes with our parents to be together. I asked her to marry me so young, but it was worth it.

A year after being married, Marge became pregnant with our beautiful daughter, Delilah. She was the greatest gift I'd ever known. I wanted to be the best father to her I could be, but Marge took that away from me.

After having Delilah, Marge became depressed. She hated how "Delilah took over." Or how "I showed Delilah more attention than I showed her." The list went on. I didn't know what she wanted me to do, after all, I was just trying to take care of our baby girl, who she didn't even want to be bothered with.

One night, I came home. Delilah was on the floor crying, which instantly stopped when she looked up and saw me. I looked over to the left, to see Marge inhaling from a pipe, but I knew this wasn't Tobacco.

"What the hell are you doing Marge?" I asked her. Completely shocked by what was going on, this wasn't like her at all.

"I'm doing something I should have done a long time ago. I see why people get hooked on this shit. I feeeeeel gooooood." She giggled. "Want a hit?" She came over to me, trying to hand me that shit.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!" I barked, I didn't know this lady standing in front of me. I felt my heart being ripped out of my chest at the sight before me.

"Calm down! Maybe if you just have a little fun, you wouldn't be so uptight." She smiled again.

"Marge. It's one thing that you doing that shit, but in front of our daughter?" I was livid. Here I was coming home to my wife and child, seeing the last thing I'd expect to see upon arrival.

"Fuck that little bitch. She's changed you. She fucked up our relationship. She thinks she runs this fucking house!" She said pointing a finger at our 3 week old baby.

I squinted my eyebrows, trying to take in the words that were being said to me.

"Marge you need help. I'm talking serious help." I shook my head.

"How long you been doing this?" I said referring to the crack.

"That doesn't matter." She shot back.

"HOW LONG MARGE?" I walked forward, but she didn't budge.

"Just leave." She said pointing towards the door.

"Fine. But I'm taking Delilah with me." I said shifting my baby to the other arm, and gathering a couple things into her baby bag.

"NO! She's staying here." Marge began throwing punches on my back as I tried to exit the door.

"Keep your hands to yourself Marge, we are out of here." I said holding on tight to my babygirl.

"WHAT DID I SAY?!" Marge whipped out a pocket knife, taking a slice to my hand, making me drop Delilah to the floor.

I took one last look at Marge, or this complete stranger that stood before me.

I looked down at my baby girl, as tears streamed from my eyes. "Daddy loves you." I said walking out the door, no longer able to control my cries. I was walking out of my baby girl's life, and who knew when I'd be able to see her again.

Once the door was closed, I could hear Delilah's screams coming from the other side. I knew it would be insane for her to be with out her father, for we were attached.

I closed my eyes as I leaned up against the door, crying listening to my baby. "Lord protect her." I said before opening my eyes and looking up at the stars, and I hoped he was up there listening.

I thought about calling the police, but I didn't want Delilah to wind up in foster care, due to me not even having a home anymore, since Marge kicked me out.

I decided to take a leap of faith, and just leave.

A year had gone by, and I made a return to the house me and Marge shared. I was excited about seeing my daughter again, but when I got there, nothing was there but an eviction sign on the door. No Marge, no Delilah.

I had lost track of them, and there was no telling where they were now. I was doomed.

I never stopped searching for my girl. Never.

Til this day, I found myself asking everybody who I'd come in contact with if they knew Delilah. No one knew anything.

I'd missed so much of her life now, hell she was grown. Some may say it's too late to show up, but if they knew what I'd been through, trying to find my daughter, they'd see how I felt.

Nobody knew the pain I was feeling. I wished for the moments that I missed in her life. I longed to have held her every time she cried, or to kiss her cheeks and tickle her when she had a bad day. I wanted to see her first steps, or be around for her first words. All of that, I missed.

I'd had enough!

I was going on a mission. I wasn't resting until I laid eyes on my most beautiful creation.