29.

- Rod -

It was early in the morning, and going back to work for the first time in months honestly felt weird. I don't know what kind of hold Delilah has on me, but a part of me wouldn't even be sad if I gave this up. I was set for years with the money I had put away from the drug business, so that wouldn't be a problem.

I honestly felt bad, knowing that I'm selling the same shit that tore her and her mother apart. I find myself wishing I still even had a mother, so I know she hurting bad.

As I walked into the trap, all my niggas swarmed around me, asking me shit like where I been, and who I been with. What I did in my free time wasn't really they business, so I brushed the shit off. I wanted nobody to know about Delilah, at least not right now, because I would never get her involved with the shit I do in the streets.

"I appreciate the work y'all putting in while I'm not around, y'all really been holding me down." I thanked my niggas. They impressed me with the way they been operating. I was grateful that I didn't have to watch over them in order for them to stay in line. They respected me enough to act accordingly even when I wasn't around.

"Tony, can I speak to you for a second?" I pulled my mans to the side.

"Wassup man, what's good?" He gave me a brotherly hug before waiting to see what this conversation was about.

"You know I trust you more than anybody else in this mother fucker right?" I spoke.

He nodded his head before I spoke again. "And if anything were to happen to me, all this shit would be your responsibility."

"You good? You talking like you just found out you got cancer or some shit, let me know wassup?" He raised a brow.

I chuckled. "Nah. I'm just thinking about leaving this shit where it's at, and making you boss man. I showed you everything I know, and I think you'd be able to handle shit."

"Leaving?" He shook his head. "Damn, I knew something was up when you wasn't showing up, that ain't even really like you. But damn, you leaving." He sounded hurt.

I met Tony a few years back, he was struggling, and I helped him on his come up. I taught him the game inside and out.

"Yeah man, sometimes you gotta retire from this shit. One day, I'ma have a family, and I don't want to bring no kids into this world, knowing this the life I'm living." I explained. I thought about Delilah, I had no doubt in me, that she was indeed the one I wanted to settle down with. She was more important than the game.

"I can respect that boss." He sighed. "Thank you for everything you've done for me."

"You got this man." I did our special handshake, before going back into the meeting room and saying my goodbyes to the rest of the niggas.

Walking out of the building, I closed my eyes, taking in the fresh air outside. It felt crazy knowing I had just gave up what I've known for years. It was now behind me.

I felt cold medal being placed at the back of my neck. I'd never had a gun pulled on me, but I wasn't stupid to not know what was happening. I said a silent prayer that God have mercy on my life, before the gun man spoke up.

"Turn around slow." He said, I put my hands in the air to show him I wasn't even going to try anything slick, before doing as I was told. I hated that I was being bitched right now, but I knew I had to do what I had to do to make it back home to my girl.

"I heard you boss around here, huh?" He chuckled. "So being at the top of the food chain, I know you eating." He gave me a devilish grin. "But all that's bout to change." He began patting my pockets, taking every piece of change I had on me.

His gun lowered in the process. Without turning my head, I looked around, seeing if he was by himself. After finding out he was, I took my opportunity to fight for my life. I swung, instantly connecting my fist to his jaw.

His gun dropped out of his hands, causing us to start a scuffle for it.

"Wrong move, bitch." He spat when he won the small fight and retrieved his weapon.

He let off a shot.