44.

As Marge and Delilah sat at the breakfast table together, they took in the looks of each other, and both women were glowing. Nicolas had been making Marge happy for the past couple of months, and Delilah was still overwhelmed with the fact that not to far down the line, she was going to be Rod's wife.

"So how do you feel?" Marge smiled at her daughter, taking a sip from her drink.

"I feel... New. I'm loving everything about life right now. I have a handsome fiancé, and a beautiful daughter that I am forever grateful for. Life's amazing." Delilah's face lit up as she talked about her family. "Wassup with you and daddy?" Delilah side smirked, waiting on her mother to spill all the details she was hiding from her.

Marge blushed at the thought of Nicolas. It was as if she was in high school with a crush all over again. "Your dad and I are rekindling old things." Marge said. "Let's just say, I was a fool to let him slip away before. It'll never happen again." Marge bit her lip thinking about the way Nicolas had been making her feel lately. She couldn't wait to get home to her man.

"Oh, and I've moved in with Nicolas as well."

"Wow, really? How is it being under the same roof as him again?" Delilah liked the thought of her mom and dad being together. She knew both of them had to get lonely sometimes living alone.

"It's really amazing. There's never a dull moment with Nic, and the old man knows how to... Never mind, Let's eat."

Delilah chuckled. She was proud of the changes her mother had made, and the fact that her father was willing to take another shot at loving her mom again.

"I just want to thank you again for every thing you've done for my daughter." Nicolas patted Rod on the back as they walked through the mall, along with little Aaliyah who was in her stroller cooing at everything they walked past.

Since the ladies had decided to take a breakfast together, the fellas asked to keep the baby and go to the mall. Both men had already spent hundreds on Aaliyah a piece, and were no where near done looking through all the baby stores.

"You don't have to thank me for that at all. Your daughter is a very special woman, I'm glad she finally realizes it now too." Rod turned the stroller into the food court. All the shopping had made him a little hungry.

After both men got themselves a couple slices of pizza and something for the baby, they took a seat.

"I just want to know, what made you look past Delilah's past, and fall in love?" Nicolas questioned Rod just to see where his heart was, even though he knew Rod was a good person.

"Well, Mr. Nicolas.. I mean Dad." Rod corrected himself, "Nobody's perfect. We all have flaws. Some of them not even being our fault, in Delilah's case. But who was I to judge her? When I first laid eyes on Delilah, I knew she was troubled, and I wanted to help her. She knew nothing but hurt, and pain. I wanted to be a healer. She cried herself to sleep, I wanted to be the one to make her laugh, and smile. I fell in love with her, because eventually she let her guard down, and let me do all those things. In the midst of it all, she helped me too. I didn't have a honest living before I met Delilah. I sold the same shit that put her in that position in the first place. But she made me want to be a better man, and that's what I became. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we made each other grow. We both started off bad, but instead of tearing each other apart about it, we lifted each other up. You don't find that every day."

Nicolas nodded his head, taking everything Rod was saying in. He realized how much him and Rod had in common. Some people would just be willing to give up on love because of what someone's past looked like, him and Rod were very patient when it came to love, although at times it could be hard.

"I really respect you, Rod. I'm glad you came along when you did." Nicolas was more than grateful, because honestly, if it wasn't for Rod, he didn't know if he'd even have the chance to see his daughter again. But Rod made that happen.

"Alright man, let's finish shopping for this little girl here." Nicolas spoke, trying not to make this trip to the mall too emotional.

Both men shook their heads as they thought about the hole not even a 1 year old was putting into their pockets.