47.

"Oooh, ma, I like this one." Delilah pointed at a beautiful gown. Her eyes got wide as she scanned over the pricey dress. She could picture herself in it, but it was only the first dress she had actually looked at, and she didn't want to make a decision without seeing what else was out there first.

"I like it too, do you want to try it on?" Marge smiled. She still was honored that Delilah wanted to bring her along to shop for the most important day of her life.

Delilah shook her head up and down as Marge went to go grab a sales clerk.

"Delilah, this is beautiful." Marge smiled wide as her daughter spun around in the wedding dress. Delilah could make any and everything look wonderful, but Marge wanted this to be the dress. It was perfect.

"I love it!" Delilah twirled around in the mirror. She was in love with the dress. She could already picture the look on Rod's face when she walked down the aisle wearing it. This dress to her was exactly what their relationship was, love at first sight. That alone was enough to tell her that maybe she didn't need to look around more. This was the one.

"$27,908.96." Delilah sighed. "I don't know Ma, maybe we should keep looking, this is a bit much for one day."

"Delilah, this is your wedding day. You only get this day once, well hopefully." Marge chuckled.

"I know, but seriously this is a lot." Delilah put the dress up on a rack, and continued to scan through the other dresses in the store.

The rest of the time they were in the shop, Delilah tried on about 5 more dresses. She found some that she liked, but none of them gave her the same reaction as the first one she tried on.

Little did she know, in the time she spent trying on other dresses, her mother had already purchased the one she really wanted.

_________________________________

"What's on your mind baby?" Rod rubbed his hand along Delilah's stomach. He knew she was only a couple weeks pregnant, but he was excited to know she was, so every chance he got, he touched and rubbed on her belly.

"Nothing." Delilah lied. In all honesty she couldn't stop thinking about the dress. She knew Rod would let her spend whatever she wanted on her dream dress, but she didn't think it was worth blowing almost $30K in one day.

"You know I know when something's bothering you, but we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." He gently kissed her on the forehead.

"Aaliyah's still asleep. That's surprising." Delilah smiled. Usually Aaliyah was up around this time.

"All that crawling around and eating she did earlier got her feeling lazy." Rod chuckled. He loved his little girl, now he wanted a boy.

"Daddy's little king's in there baking now though, ain't that right?" He spoke close to Delilah's tummy. He placed a kiss on it. "Tell mommy to start thinking of some names for you." He looked up at Delilah.

"Come on let's brainstorm then." Delilah grinned, getting up out the bed and going to get a tablet and a pen.

Getting back into the bed, she went to a fresh piece of paper before drawing a line down the middle of it. On one side she put the letter "R" and the other the letter "D."

"And no offense, but I don't like the thought of Juniors." She spoke.

"I don't like that shit either, I want my son to be his own man." Rod laughed.

"Okay so D names?" Delilah looked at Rod for an answer.

"Hmm. There's Dominic, DeAngelo..." Rod thought of more names and let Delilah jot them down.

"And R?" She asked as she finished writing the last name he had said.

"Renaldo, Roman, Raymond."

The couple continued to list names until they were out of ideas. They had a pretty good list coming along. Neither one of them even thought of thinking of girl names right now, they were hoping they got their boy.

___________________________________

"Nicolas, this is crazy, we are really going to have another child together." Marge smiled as she cuddled closer to her man.

"What do you think we're going to have?" Nicolas asked her as he ran his hands through her freshly washed hair.

"I'm not sure, but I'm hoping it's another girl." Marge wanted to feel as though she had another chance to be a better role model her second time around. She missed out on a lot of important things with Delilah, and she just wanted another shot. She felt that getting pregnant was God's way of showing her that she was indeed capable of doing right this time. After all, everything happened for a reason.

"Whatever it turns out to be, I know this time around will be completely different from the first. You've grown tremendously. I'm proud of you." Nicolas leaned down for a kiss.

"I love you. Thank you for always being such a great man. I'm so lucky to have you." Marge wrapped her arms around Nicolas, and the two held each other. There was so much history in their relationship, but they were glad to say they made it through the good and the bad. This is exactly what true love meant. Being able to forgive each other and move on from even the biggest downfalls.