Ch. 8

"Lauren can you take care of Emily Friday night" I asked as I looked up from my phone. We were in the living watching a baseball game, well Lauren was watching a baseball game.

She turned and looked at me confused. "Why?" She asked with furrowed brows "I'm going out Friday night" "Where are you going?" She said in a strict voice turning to put all her attention on me. "I'm going to the movies with Austin." She looked down at my phone than back at me. "Whose Austin?" "The cute clerk from the other day. He asked... I don't need to explain anything to you. Can you or can you not watch her?" She turned back to the tv. "No" She said stubornly. "And why not?" "I don't need to explain anything to you." She said mimicking me. "Please Lauren, Ill make you pancakes." She turned the other way with her arms crossed over her chest. "I wont burn them this time." I said. She turned back to me and sighed. "Fine" she said quietly.

"Thank you! Thank you!" I jumped on her lap and gave her a big hug.

I ran upstairs, tomorrows Friday and I don't know what to wear!
_______________

I was walking down the stairs to go wait for Austin. I saw Lauren at the bottom looking up at me with Emily in her arms. She looked shocked as she saw me walk down.

"Wow" she breathed out.
"You look....wow" She said in aww. She couldn't look away.

I snapped my fingers infront of her so she could look up at me. She blushed and she actually looked cute with her blush. I wont lie that having Lauren say I is was "Wow" didn't make me feel butterflies. I smiled at her.

"Do I really look...wow?" I looked down To my skirt and crop top.

"Oh yeah." She said softly again looking at me. She noticed me watching her and she blushed again.

"Austin should be here any minute." I expected Lauren to go away but she didn't move. I stared at her as in waiting for her to do or say something. All she did was stare at my legs. The doorbell rang before I could say anything to her.

I opened it and saw Austin with a bouquet of roses. "Hi These are for you." He pushed the roses out for me to take them. I smiled at them. "Thanks" I handed the roses to Lauren who was eyeing Austin. I shoved them onto her chest making the rose block her view towards Austin.

"Lets go." I said. I went to kiss Emily's forehead when I backed away Lauren had her lips puckered out towards me with her eyes closed. I turned and walked out with Austin closing the door.

_______________