Ch. 11

So Lauren didn't break her arm, it was just swollen because of how she fell but she did get a few bruises along her arm. Barley noticeable because of her tattoos. The day after my date with Austin we agreed to continue it tonight. He said he was planning on taking me out to dinner after the movie so we just went to dinner today. I left with him feeling relaxed that Lauren wasn't alone with Emily since my mom was home. Austin took me to a really fancy restaurant. I was hoping he'd take me to that new pizza place downtown. I was starving when I got there but the food there didn't really help.

He took me home early, I was still really hungry. I walked in and it was quiet, too quiet.

"Hola mija. It's still early what are you doing here?" My mom said walking out the kitchen.

"He didn't want to drop me off late to show he was responsible." I said.

"Oh well what a gentalmen." She started walking towards the living room.

"Uhh mom where's Lauren?"

"Upstairs with Emily" I quickly went upstairs to see what those two were up to .

I saw Lauren laying on her back on the bed with Emily laying next to her. She held a book over there heads. She was reading to Emily. I hid behind the door and peeked to witness this really cute moment. Lauren sat up, put the book down and carried Emily over to her crib. She wore some hipster glasses which were probably for reading. She then reached towards her nightstand and picked up one of my thick books. She leaned back against the headboard and started reading.

I didn't move this was the side of Lauren I see myself falling for. The nice calm Lauren that reads, takes care of Emily, and looks really cute doing it.

I walked in and put my bag down. I walked over towards Emily who was sleeping soundly.

I turned to Lauren and she looked up at me with furrowed eyebrows. She waved her hand telling me to go to her.

I sat next to her on the bed and looked over her shoulder to look at the book. She turned to look at me but turned back when she saw how close our faces were.

"Why is all of this highlighted?" She pointed and the random sentences that were highlighted throughout the book.

"Oh I did those, I highlighted then because I really liked them." I said leaning back a little to see her eyes through her glasses.

She looked at me then looked back down to the book. "Oh, thats really cool." Cool? She thinks it's cool? My friends thought it was weird. "Really? You think so?" I asked. I still can't believe she thinks it's cool. "Yeah." she nodded her head and skimmed through the book reading what was highlighted .

I took off my shoes and laid on my side of the bed looking up at the ceiling.

"So how was your date?" She asked not looking away from the book.

"Uhhh..It was-" I was interrupted by my stomach growling. The little serving of pasta I ordered really didn't calm my hunger.

Lauren put down the book and giggled looking down at me. "Why are you hungry you just had dinner with Austin?" I sat up next to her and turned to her. I can't look at her with those cute glasses on they distract me.

"Uhh yeah but the restaurant he took me to wasn't really....." I couldn't find the words to describe the food.

"Good?" She asked. "No it was great but it just...wasn't enough." I said shyly I didn't want her to think that I eat a lot even though it's true.

"Well lucky for you I haven't eaten yet and I'm kind of in the mood for pizza. Wanna come with me?" She asked as she pulled off her glasses and closed the book.

"Yeah." I smiled at her. She got up and put on her leather jacket and some jeans leaving her curly hair down. I put my shoes back on.

We were about to leave through the front door when we remembered we forgot Emily upstairs. "I'll get her." Lauren said as she ran up the stairs skiping a step as she went up. She came back down with a smiling Emily in her arms. "Now where ready." We made our way out and left.
_______________

"I've been wanting to come here ever since it opened." Lauren said as she looked up at the menu. Lauren brought us to the new pizza place that just opened. It smelled really good. We order a Hawaiian pizza and sat in a booth. Lauren sat across from me and Emily next to me in her car seat.

"Here's your pizza." The waitress said. She was a skinny brunette, pretty but not all that pretty. She kept looking at Lauren as she put our pizza down she didn't even turn to look at Ems and I. I noticed she sent her a wink. Lauren sent her back one and smirked at her as she walked away.

We ate our pizza and talked about how good it was. The same waitress came back. "Hi uhm I don't do this often but would you like to go out some time." she shyly asked Lauren. It surprised me she didn't even think Lauren and I were together. "Yeah sure." Lauren said smiling at the chic. "Here's my number." Lauren took the pen out from the girls apron and wrote down her number on her arm. "Ok I'll text you later..Oh I'm Jessica." "Lauren" The chic walked away blushing as Lauren just went back to eat.

I know were not really together or anything but I actually hoped for 'Jessica' to think we were together. Didn't she see the baby?

I don't know her yet but I don't like her.