Ch. 13

I was taking my cookies out the oven when I hear a door slam. It's probably Lauren back from her date.

I ran to the window next to the door and peeked through the curtain but I didn't see Lauren it was Austin with my jacket. Damn I must have forgotten it in his car the other day.

He rang the doorbell but I waited five seconds before opening it.

"Austin, what are you doing here?" I heard another car door close.

"Oh I just came to.." I looked over his shoulder and saw Lauren getting out of my car. Did she use my car for her date? Was Jessica in my car?" Lauren came walking up the drive way smiling at the ground with her hands in her pockets. I looked back towards Austin when I saw she was getting closer.

".... so what do you think?" What did he say. Lauren was getting closer.

"Uhh can you repeat that?" I asked nervousley.

"I asked if you wanted to have a full date next week?" Lauren was getting closer she could probably hear of conversation.

"Of course I'd like to go on another date with you". I said loud enough for Lauren to hear.

"Cool I'll text you."He said and turned around. He nodded towards Lauren as she returned it. She stopped in front me and turned to take a glimpse of Austin. She looked back at me with a small smile."Another date huh?" "Yeah." I put on a fake smile. "So how was your date?" Her smile grew and she sighed. "Amazing." She said and walked in.

She walked into the kitchen and leaned against the cabinet as I took a seat by the table. "So what did you do? Take her to the beach and ate some pizza?" I said sarcastically. She giggled. "No, I bought us some burgers and we went up to that one hill that overlooks the city. I didn't want to do something too extravagant as a first date." Aww the date sounded pretty nice."Uuu cookies." She walked towards the trey of cookies and reached out for one. I ran to stand between her and the cookies and slapped her hand away. Our body's only inches away.

"No! I made these so there mine." "Then I'll make my own." She walked towards the cabinets looking for the ingredients. She turned and crossed her arms. "I'll make them some other day." She said stubbornly She walked out as I followed her but she quickly ran back inside dodging me to grab cookies. She ran back up to our room screaming "NOW WHAT CABELLO!!!"

I smiled at her actions, at least I hope she likes the cookies.

I walked into my room at saw Lauren's checks really big. I chuckled she looked really cute. "You look like a little chipmunk." I went over to her and pinched her checks.

When she swallowed the cookies she began to change into her basketball shorts and sports bra, her typical sleeping attire. "So what are we doing tomorrow?" She asked as she jumped on the bed lying down. "Well I'm going to Barnes and Noble and I usually take hours in there." "Oh...Okay." She said quitley.

_________________

I was back from Barnes and Noble with a stack of new books. I walked through the house doors I heard some giggling coming from the kitchen. Has Lauren gone crazy or what? I walked over to the kitchen but quickly hid behind the wall and peeked a little to see.

There was Jessica mixing a batter with Lauren behind her with one hand on her waist and the other on her arm. Lauren reached inside the batter and poked Jessica's nose leaving batter on it and they began to giggle. As I went up the stairs I heard those two screaming and laughing. "AHHHH LAUREN OH MY GOD STOP!!!" "NOO!!" I speed walked into my room and put on my headphones to block out the noise.

When my ears started to hurt for being flattened by my headphones I took them off. It was quiet downstairs, maybe Jessica already left. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen when I saw Jessica leaning against the counter with Lauren's body pressed against hers. They were in a heated make out session, I ran up the stairs into my bathroom locking it. I sat on the floor behind the door leaning on it as I felt tears roll down my checks.

Why am I crying? Lauren can date who she wants. It's not like were together. I'm dating Austin anyways. Even if Lauren is the one I truly want. Why can't she see that?