Ch. 16

"Oh Hi Austin." I pretended to ignore the she devil.

"Hey, this is my older sister Jessica." Jessica waved at me and I gave her a fake smile. She then looked behind me and noticed Lauren.

"Hi Laur" Lauren went around me and went over to hug Jessica. Austin and I just stared at them.

We arrived at the restaurant and I noticed we were having Chinese Food tonight. We sat at our booth with Austin next me and Lauren next to Jessica across from us. Lauren sat right in front of me.

As we waited for our food Jessica and Lauren started whispering to each other. Austin turned to look at me.

"Remember how I told you I was trying to get that Manager position at the store I work at? " No. but I just nodded my head.

"Well yesterday I was told..." I turned to Lauren and Jessica and noticed Jessica holding Lauren's hand on the table. I looked up at saw Jessica had caught me staring at their joined hands. I quickly looked back at Austin.
"Then Joe my coworker started saying I wasn't fit for the job."

I kept nodding since I missed most of his story. Thank god.

I looked at Lauren and saw Jessica laying her head on Lauren's shoulder taking pictures on their phones.

"Do you want to take pictures too?" Austin nervously asked since he notices me staring at them.

"Uhh yeah" I took out my phone and put the camera facing us. We put our heads close smiling I went to press the button to take the picture but my mom's picture came up before I could take it. She was calling me so I shyly answered.

"Hello?"
"Mila, Sorry for interrupting your date but your dad and I are taking Emily with us to grandmas again for the weekend."
"Oh.... okay then." Damit more alone time with Lauren.
"Oh and your dad wants Lauren to mow the lawn."
"Why doesn't he want me to do to it?"
"Honey you don't even know how to turn on the lawnmower." True.
"Fine. Alright bye."
"Bye. See you Sunday night."

I sighed and looked back at Austin.
"Everything alright?" "Yeah it's nothing." We went back to our date which was mostly boring except when Lauren started sharing embarrassing stories about her days as softball captain in high school. It impressed me how she would share that with people she barley knew.

___________

Saturday Morning

I walked down the stairs towards the kitchen.
"Oh hey Camila." Jessica said from the couch. What is she doing here. Waite where's Lauren?
"Hi. Where's Lauren?" Lauren then popped up her head from the couch she was obviously laying her head ob Jessica's lap. I turned to go to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast.
"Ay do what to watch a movie with us?" Jessica asked. Lauren sat up and stared at me waiting for my answer.
"Uhh no thanks." "Oh come on." Jessica stood up and held my hand pulling me towards the couch to sit down next to her. Lauren was ob the other leaving Jessica in the middle. "Well I was actually going to make some pancakes." I said shyly not wanting to be rude. "Oh okay than." I got up and went to get strated. I was mixing the batter when Lauren comes in. "Hey." "Sup" "Uhh Camila can you like ....not burn the pancakes this time?" Aww Lauren's shy..NO! "Uh sure I'm not that mean."

We sat eating in silence until Lauren excused her self to go to the bathroom.
"You don't have to hide anymore." Jessica said once Lauren shut the bathroom door. "What?"
"Your feelings for Lauren. You don't have to hide then anymore."
"What do you care?"
"I care because she's my friend."
"Girlfriend?"
"No, friend. Were just friends."
"Doesn't seem like it."
"Well Miss Jealous pants, I'm actually taken." She put up her had showing me the ring on her finger.

"Your...." "It's a promise ring. My girlfriend gave it to me a few days ago. At first I actually did like Lauren but when my ex came back saying she wanted me back I accepted and she gave me this."

I sighed even if they weren't together she doesn't like me anyways.
"She doesn't even like me."
"Are you kidding me? Ever since I told her about my ex she started talking about how she had a crush on the girl she lived with. That it couldn't be more clear that she was the one since fate gave you two a baby to look after. How every night she had to fight the feeling of wrapping her arms around you and keeping you safe. "

Wow. She has a crush on me? Didn't see that one coming.

"Honestly, I don't know how you didn't notice she liked you before. She literally stared at you the whole time yesturday. Your face, hands, arms, lips, eyes, nose, and when you got up to go to the bathroom her eyes her glued to your big booty."

Oh My God!!!!! How come I never noticed? Stupid Karla!!!

"Now Camila, Since I want to be your friend too, I want you to go upstairs, slam Lauren against the wall, and give her a kiss she will never forget."

"I can't do that." I really can't Lauren is too strong to slam against the wall.

Before Jessica could say anything else Lauren came back.

"Did I miss anything?"

"No, Laur I have to pick up my brother. I'll see you later. And Camila, don't forget what I told you." I nodded at her as she left with Lauren walking her to the door.

"So what was so important that you can't forget?" She asked so innocently. I looked in her eyes and smiled. To think the girl in front of me likes me back yet is to shy to say it.

I shook my head. She smiled back and blushed a little going back to eat.