eight

[ third pov ]

mark took off the necklace and placed it on the table. "yes, everything was an act. i'm sorry for doing that to you." he explained, leaving before the other could give a reply.

haechan stood still in his spot, unsure of how to feel or react. his head was all scrambled up and all he wants is an explanation. quickly following mark, they ended back at the dining room.

"hey, is that's all-" the younger paused once he saw the new faces in the room. 3 others were seated, all turning to face the two boys who just entered.

"ah, you're back. take a seat." taeyong gestured to two empty seats beside each other. they walked over sat down in front of the others.

haechan felt his hands turn cold from the tense atmosphere in the room. he quickly took a glance at mark, who had no sign of emotion what's so ever.

"mark. how about you introduce our guest to the others?" taeyong suggested as he leaned back onto his seat.

the older cleared his throat before speaking. "this is lee haechan and he'll be joining us." he kept it nice and short, completely ignoring the quiet mumbles from the younger beside him.

one of the three boys spoke up first. haechan looked up from his lap as they introduced themselves.
"i'm jeno, this is jaemin, and the one at the end is johnny. we're glad that you're able to join us-"

"wait! what do you mean by join? i didn't agree to any of this and just a reminder, i was kidnapped." haechan shouted, standing up from his seat.

everyone here acted as if it was normal to eat dinner with someone they kidnapped. he was taken from his house and was being threatened to be here, yet no one seems to be bothered by that fact.

mark jerked his head to the side with his teeth clenched. he hastily grabbed onto the others arm and pulled him down.  "haechan, stop it-"

"your life was in danger and we helped you." taeyong shrugged, cutting the piece of steak on his plate.

"what do you mean in danger?" the younger asked, a bit more calm than before. mark could hear his voice shaking. he reached his hand out to comfort him but stopped mid-way.

taeyong set his fork down as he faced haechan. his expression grew serious; mark gulped as leaned his head down while haechan didn't dare to move; he couldn't.

"your father ordered us to get you and we only did what we were told."