twenty-seven

[ third pov ]

"taeyong, i know you're here." the footsteps of the intruder grew louder and closer. his heart nearly stopped as soon as he heard that voice. it was as if a ton of bricks fell on top of him all at once.

he held his breath as he slid away from the visible part of the wall that barely covered him. being as quiet as possible, he crouched down with the gun by his side.

jaehyun scanned the area; all the chairs were scattered but he could tell that they were here. a piece of fabric caught his eye, it was taeyong's coat. a smirk spread across his face as he walked towards that direction.

a feeling of victory arose in his body as he inched closer. finally, he had the chance to kill him. it was ironic in a way, taeyong who was such a skilled fighter lost to him because he couldn't hide properly.

in a quick step, he moved his gun to the corner of the wall and laughed in a mocking manner. "peek a boo, i got you-"

there was nobody. it was just a jacket on the floor. jaehyun cursed under his breath as he quickly turned around, taeyong stood in front of him with a gun pointing to his head.

"you really thought i would be that dumb?" taeyong laughed as he pressed the gun harder against jaehyun's forehead. the other winced as he fell back onto the wall behind him. he managed to crack a smug grin.

"yeah and you ain't that slick either."

"what?"

before jaehyun gave an answer, yuta swung a bottle into taeyong's head. the wine mixed with his blood as he fell onto the floor. the gun dropped from his hands as jaehyun pushed himself off the wall. he scoffed as he watched taeyong groan in pain.

yuta grinned. "you're welcome. if i didn't come sooner, you would've been dead." jaehyun frowned once taeyong stopped moving. he nudged the unconscious man with his foot before turning to his partner.

"yeah, yeah. whatever you say. let's go get who we came for before that bitch wakes up." they left taeyong on the floor as they searched the rest of the house for their target.