thirty-three

[ third pov ]

mark's eyes fluttered opened to pure darkness. a rough fabric rubbed against his cheek with every movement he did. it must be some sort of mask over his head. mark mentally groaned as he tried to move his legs and arms but they were tied up too.

he's glad that the plan worked but the thing that didn't go out as planned was that he got caught. those dirty bastards outnumbered him and he was forced into their hands. before he could even defend himself, they knocked him out.

the smell of the building was overwhelming; it smelt like rust and asphalt. certainly from the sounds, mark concluded that he was in his warehouse. speaking of the devil, several voices slowly became clearer as they neared closer to the room he was in.

"i knew i chose the best team. great job, jaehyun." the man chuckled as he patted his back. jaehyun forced a smile with his hands behind his back. "of course. i only do the best for you, hansol."

hansol grinned as he placed a hand on mark's cheek, slowly caressing it. "i've been waiting so long to see you haechan. and now i can finally see your face in person." he pulled his hand away and directed his men to pull of the mask.

the rough material slowly slipped away, revealing mark's face. hansol anticipated with an excited gaze but that quickly vanished and filled with anger. "you fools! you captured the wrong person! how dare you?" he shouted with pure anger as he swung his cane into the glass mirror, smashing it to pieces.

jaehyun flinched as his shoulders dropped. "s-sir, i'm not sure how-"

"save it! i want to see all of you in my office." he jerked his head around and glared at mark. "and you, i have something planned for you." he snapped before limping out of the room with jaehyun behind him.

he was left alone as the door shut. "ugh, finally." he breathed a sigh of relief as he pulled his hands out of the poorly tied rope. as hansol was bickering, he found the chance to untie himself. mark scoffed at their poor judgement; what does he expect him to be? stupid?

he untied the rope around his feet and pushed his chair against the door knob to make a blockade.

"alright and now i just need to get out of here."

*note: i apologize for using the r-slur in this chapter. as i no longer use this account i did not see the comments asking me to change and edit it out. i wrote this when i was younger, while still uneducated about the term and meaning behind the word. i sincerely apologize and did not mean to offend anyone. thank you.