thirty-nine

[ third pov ]

"found you."

a familiar voice snickered in a teasing tone. the shock dropped from mark's face and was replaced with a scowl. "you don't look happy to see me." jaehyun teased as he pressed the gun harder against mark's forehead, forcing him to move back into the house.

he stepped back into haechan, who grabbed onto his arm. jaehyun paused and stared down at the younger, letting out a chuckle in the process. "did you really think it would be that easy to escape from us? he reached behind mark's ear and pulled out a tiny device.

his eyes widened as he clenched his fists. "you put a tracker on me?" mark snapped, his body lunging forward to attack the older but haechan held him back.

"we knew you would come meet up with the rest once you 'escaped'. it just made our job easier." jaehyun explained, gesturing yuta and his people to come inside. they pulled haechan away and cuffed his arms, as the rest held down mark.

he grunted, feeling the men put
pressure onto his back. as much as he tried resisting, it was useless because he was outnumbered. haechan was being pushed towards the door, with both his hands behind him and tied together.

"let go of me!"

"shut up! we aren't afraid to hurt you." one of the men threatened with narrow eyes. haechan held his breath as his shoulders dropped. he had no other choice but to listen to them.

"haechan!" mark yelled as he watched his figure become smaller and smaller. jaehyun was behind him and right before they left, he turned around and gave mark a smug smirk.

he clenched his teeth as the door shut. a pair of shoes stood in front of him as a hand roughly yanked his head up by his hair, forcing him to look up. "you're staying here until we get the business finished." yuta hissed before shoving mark's head away.

the younger groaned in pain as the rest of the men pushed him up to a sitting postion. the room became silent for a moment. yuta eyed mark who turned away uncomfortablly; then something caught his attention from the corner of his eye.

was that winwin?

the chinese boy placed a finger on his lips as he quietly came down the stairs. he held a small pistol in his hands and he aimed it directly at the two men who were here with yuta. in a blink of an eye, they both fell down as yuta jumped from his seat. his expression turned dark as he pulled his gun out.

he glared at mark. "who the fuck did that!" he snapped, scanning around the room. the moment he saw winwin, a bullet flew into his chest. the weapon dropped from his hands as he dropped to the floor.

winwin ran down and made sure no one else was here before going to untie mark. "are you alright?" he asked in broken words. the younger nodded as the others rushed downstairs.

"we heard everything and waited for the right time to come." jeno explained as mark breathed heavily. "but they have haechan." mark groaned as he massaged the back of his neck. winwin shook his head as renjun helped mark get up.

"don't worry, we're going to get him back." jaemin encouraged with a determined voice. they were going to make sure he would return back home safety for the sake of what they promised dongsuk.

"because this is our job."