nine

[ third pov ]

haechan's breathing hitched as his heart pounded.

"he's dead. don't give me that bullshit." haechan snapped. all the frustration that had built up in him over the past few days has finally unleashed.

"we were ordered to get you after...his passing." taeyong explained, slightly muffling the last part in case it might anger the boy even more.

"he didn't give a shit about me." haechan mumbled after the realization hit him. that's right, the only thing that man did was throw him out of the house with a bag and some money.

his dad didn't care for  him so why would he want to protect him?

"he hated me and threw me out, left me on the streets with no home, and now he sent a group of fucking mafias after me?" haechan hissed.

mark stood up from his seat and grabbed onto haechan's arm. "hyung, please excuse us." he pulled the younger back upstairs and went to his room.

"let go of me, you bastard!" haechan shouted, pulling his arm away from the older's grasp.

mark shut the door and turned around to face the other. "you never listen-." he paused once he saw haechan's expression.

the younger started to chew on his lower lip as tears welled up in his eyes. his whole body was shaking and it became harder to breathe.

after noticing that mark was staring at him, he turned around and quickly wiped his tears. "shit, why am i crying?" he groaned as he looked up to avoid any more tears to fall down.

wiping the tears wasn't enough, he was having a breakdown and no matter how much he tried to hide, it would've happened eventually.

haechan gave up as he broke out in a laugh of disbelief; tears just continued to fall while he laughed.

mark gulped, unsure of how to react or help the boy in front of him. he walked towards haechan and tried to calm him down but he was only pushed away.

"haechan-"

"my own father fucking left me in the cold rain. he didn't even blink an eye when i begged him to stop." haechan cried out, letting out all the emotions he had bottled up.

"i hate him, i hate him, i hate him!" he shouted over and over again, as each shout became louder and louder.

he couldn't even feel his hands and feet anymore, his lips were trembling and his vision was blurring from all the tears.

"haechan, stop!" mark reached out and pulled him towards his direction. haechan quickly slapped his hand away as he fell onto the cold hard floor.

"why didn't he love me?" those unexpected words slipped out of haechan's mouth, even surprising mark. it was such simple words yet it was something that was so heavy in his heart.

he felt the urge to just scream and throw things from pure anger again, but what was that going to do for him?

absolutely nothing.