epilogue

[ third pov ]

"11 victims of the explosion in han crops building is still missing. no bodies has been found yet and police are still undergoing investigation-" haechan sighed as he switched it to a different channel. it's been a long couple of weeks and each day just grew more tiring.

since that day, jaemin sent out men to go look for their missing teammates but they always returned empty-handed. what was the possibility that they survived that explosion? the chances were low but there was also a chance they did and haechan was willing to take it.

"hey jaemin! jerry and janette is on!" haechan shouted as the beginning credits began rolling in. the younger scrambled down the stairs and jumped on the empty seat next to the older. they both decided to move out to a smaller house together, leaving the old base behind.

it wasn't long after the accident when jaemin found out that taeyong had an old small house near the city and they decided to move there. "i can't believe it's halloween already." he gasped as haechan nodded.

"it's been a year." he mumbled over the tv. exactly 365 days passed since he met mark and that thought still hasn't fully processed in his mind. haechan missed him a lot. every part of him wished that there was some sort of miracle that would happen and the older would be here with him.

"yes, i will marry you!"

haechan broke out into a sad smile. jerry finally asked janette
to marry him. "about damn time." it's been so many hours of re-binging the show and he finally made it to the finale. he felt small tears line his eyes but quickly wiped it away before jaemin noticed.

just as the younger turned to look at him, the doorbell rang. "ugh, kids are here for candy." jaemin groaned as he groggily sat up from the couch. haechan let out a small giggle as he watched him walk to get the door. but just as jaemin grabbed the bowl of candy, his phone rang. he peeked at the number as his eyes widened.

"i need to pick up this call. you give out the candy." he pushed the bowl into haechan's hand as he rushed upstairs. the older rolled his eyes before getting up and walking to the door. he lightly slapped his face, putting on a big smile.

he opened the door and spoke with a cheerful tone. "happy halloween-" he looked up
and the bowl dropped from his hands. jaemin came running down at that exact moment. "holy shit, haechan! they found-"

jaemin froze just like haechan did. he dropped his phone and his eyes widened. "oh my god." haechan let the tears fall from his eyes as he broke into a smile.

"we're home."