thirty-one

[ third pov ]

leaves and twigs crunched underneath their feet as they ran further into the woods. without even looking back, they could tell that the men were behind them.

mark cursed under his breath as he frantically looked around for a escape route. he could feel haechan slowing down and he knew they couldn't run any longer.

a large slump slowly started to appear in the distance of the trees in front of them. it was big enough to hide both of the boys and mark took that opportunity. as quickly as they could, both of them sprinted enough to lose ten's men for a short amount of time.

haechan immediately stopped once they were safe and fell to his knees. his breathing hitched as he tried to calm his heart down. "those crazy bastards really won't give up." he huffed as he used his sleeves to wipe off his sweat.

"there's no time. we need to figure out how to get these bitches off our asses." mark said as he leaned back to catch his breath. just how could he get haechan to safety? suddenly an idea clicked in his head as he turned to face the younger.

"take off your clothes."

"excuse me?" haechan yelped. the older shook his head as he quickly stripped off his blue jacket and white t-shirt. he doubts the men knows how haechan's face looked like. they had gas masks on the whole time.

haechan hesitated before slipping off his grey sweater and handed it to mark. he put on the white shirt and blue jacket that were too big for him. "are you sure this will work?" he asked as mark slipped on his grey sweater.

the older shrugged. "we have to take the chance." he pulled the mask over his face as haechan pulled his hood up. he made sure his hair wasn't visible and tightened the strings of the hood.

they could hear the running steps in the distance as they gave each other a determined look. "on three, you run left and i'll run right. got it?" haechan nodded as they slowly stood up from their hiding spot.

"one..two..."

"they're there!"

"three!"