twenty

[ third pov ]

"i'm just doing my job." mark said out loud, directing it to nobody in particular. he just wanted to reassure himself. lucas scoffed as he repeated mark's sentence again in a mocking tone.

"shut it, lucas." mark lightly punched the other on the shoulder as he got up from his seat. he decided to call it a night and went upstairs to his room. "shit, this hurts," his face scrunched up in pain as he laid down on his bed; he let his eyes close slowly and began drifting off to sleep.

the dream he had was almost too realistic. it was in a really big building with broken windows, it wasn't clear but he could see a familiar figure; it was haechan. he stood in the middle with rope tied to his arms and legs.

mark wanted to reach out to him and save the helpless boy, but he couldn't. there was blood everywhere and corpses lying on the floor, each one started to look familiar. it was taeyong, then johnny, lucas, and everyone else.

"mark, save me." a voice whispered, getting closer and closer each time. haechan's face lifted up from the ground, showing the cuts and bruises he had. everything went up in flames, burning everything and everyone.

"mark..."

"no, no, NO!" mark jerked up from his bed, breathing heavily. he reached up and wiped the cold sweat that dripped from his forehead. a breath of relief slipped through his dry lips once he realized it was just a bad dream.

"hyung?"

he looked to the door where jeno's head was sticking out from. he looked worried, guessing that mark had another one of his nightmares. "you all right? i heard you screaming from my room and-"

"yeah, yeah i'm fine. thanks jeno." mark interrupted the younger mid-sentence as he placed a hand over his eyes. he took a deep breath and turned back to the younger who was stilled concerned.

"you must be tired, don't worry about me and go back to sleep." mark assured, trying his best to but on a smile. jeno nodded reluctantly before shutting the door and heading back to his own room to sleep.

"i'm going crazy." mark mumbled as he grabbed the glass of water beside him. he chugged it down and tried to make himself comfortable again before falling asleep again.

this time his dream wasn't bad, instead it was great. him and haechan were sitting together watching the season finale of jerry & janette, all cuddled up on the couch. the younger's head leaned against his chest and he could even smell the lavender scent of his hair. it made his senses go crazy.

unknowingly, a small smile slowly stretched across his face as he continued to dream about haechan in his peaceful sleep.