twenty-five

: sensitive topic in this chapter❗️

[ third pov ]

the world seemed to have paused for a moment, but it didn't. in a matter of fact, it was him who had given up and stopped everything. he began finding it hard to breathe and it slowly became a hassle, so he tried to stop.

but the world just had to go against that because he was still breathing and living. a man named dongsuk understood how it felt. he decided to take him in and teach him how to continue on in life. it would be a lie if he were to say it worked and it really didn't.

he wanted to kill himself, it was just too hard to stand and watch others be happy when he couldn't be. the thoughts keep coming back no matter how hard he tired forgetting. in order to distract himself from the pain, he started inflicting it on other parts of his body.

it's started on his arm, slowly the blade glided across his arm. it bled a lot but it slowly became numb. everytime the pain in his heart became unbearable, he would start cutting again.

but dongsuk stopped him. he yelled and slapped him for being so careless but deep inside, he was just worried. that was the first time he cried out loud. it was almost as if a huge weight lifted off his chest.

he needed to cover his scars. he learned a new way to cope with his pain. that's when he started getting tattoos. one by one, it started on his hand and then his arm. now, it was all over his body.

but he still felt as if life had no purpose until he came.

it took his mind off all the thoughts he had. it became clear that life had a purpose when he showed him his new purpose in life.

dongsuk walked in with a big smile stretched across his face. he was holding a newborn baby, who giggled with pure eyes.

"taeyong, come meet haechan."

•••

"sir, are you alright?"

taeyong snapped out of his thoughts as he turned to face his secretary. he nodded and dismissed her from the room; it's been a long day.

his eyes roamed his desk before landing on the picture frame on the corner. a smile tugged on his lips as he wiped off the dust. it was him and dongsuk, standing together like father and son.