thirty-four

//: thank you for 10k reads 💛

[ third pov ]

winwin pulled up to a old building far from the old base. it was an abandoned house with boarded windows. the location was even more hidden than the other house, if that was even possible.

they all got out of the van and followed johnny up the steps. jaemin threw an arm over jeno's shoulder as he limped up the stairs. haechan slowed down to help them as he also took the chance to properly talk to the other.

"jaemin, this is all my fault-"

"hey, stop." jaemin stopped as he placed a hand on haechan's shoulder. "this is my job, don't blame yourself." he flashed his signature smile but haechan knew that he was in pain. "okay..." haechan frowned as guilt coated his feelings.

this all happened because of him. if he wasn't here, taeyong would've been with them, mark wouldn't have been taken and jaemin would've been the happy kid he always was. "this is my fault." he mumbled, feeling tears form in his eyes.

jeno and jaemin frowned upon hearing haechan's voice shake. they couldn't help but feel guilty as well. "please don't blame yourself, this isn't your fault." jaemin pleaded as he let go of jeno to embrace haechan in a hug.

haechan gripped onto the sleeves of mark's jacket with one hand as the other laid on top of jaemin's back. after a short while of the other mumbling comforting words to the boy, they all headed inside.

the moment they walked inside, chenle came running up to haechan and punched him square in the face. the older stumbled back a few steps as he held his red cheek. "you bitch! it's your fault that taeyong died! it's all your-"

"stop it chenle!" johnny shouted as jisung ran to hold the younger back. jeno and jaemin went to haechan's side to ensure he was okay. but their words were tuned out of his ears.

was the air slowly draining away? why else did it suddenly become so hard to breathe? . "h-he's dead?" his stomach turned as the color drained from his face.