seventeen

[ third pov ]

"w-we're back." mark huffed as haechan helped assist him back into the mansion. there was dried blood on both of their shirts and they looked like a mess.

"shit...what happened?" johnny ran out from the kitchen. haechan stayed quiet and mark was in too much pain to explain. carefully, they led mark to the couch as he sat down. johnny quickly cleaned the large wound located on his rib.

jeno came downstairs immediately and escorted haechan back to his room after seeing the state he was in. he made sure to stay with him and calm the other down since he looked awful.

"i got you a change of clothes." he opened the door to haechan's room slightly with a smile. haechan attempted to return the gesture but he really couldn't.

"thanks." he mumbled, grabbing the clothes from jeno's hand. the other frowned as he walked inside and took a seat on haechan's bed.

"listen, i know you don't want to talk about it. so how about you take a nice bath and maybe you could sleep with jaemin and i tonight? i know it's hard to sleep alone after that." jeno offered, completely sympathizing with what haechan had been through.

haechan shut his eyes for minute while he took a deep breath. these guys weren't as bad as he thought they were. "yeah, i'll appreciate that." he finally managed to smile.

back in the living room, mark wasn't in a good condition. he hissed in pain every time johnny touched his wound and it didn't feel nice at all.

"son of a bit-AH" mark yelled, gripping onto the nearest object he could find at the moment, which was a strangely warm object. he turned his head and nearly died from shock.

sitting beside him was lucas, who happened to have just returned from a "business trip" just a few hours ago. was he in that much pain that he didn't noticed the latter joining them in the living room?

"l-lucas? when d-did you get back?" mark asked, clearly out of breath from all the shouts of pain from earlier. the other shrugged as he pulled out the remaining gauzes for johnny.

"i've been here for a while, my friend." he lightly tapped marks shoulder, making sure he doesn't add more pain to what the other must've been feeling already.

"g-good. do me a favor and help clean something up for me. i don't want anything traced back to us." mark ordered, clutching his fist. there was still a corpse in haechan's house and lucas was a professional at getting rid of that kind of evidence. oh, he'll make sure the cops won't suspect a thing.

"and give those bitches a nice present from us." he smirked as lucas grinned after he figured out what mark meant. he was going to give them a real nice present.