thirty-five

[ third pov ]

"h-he's dead?" haechan's voice trembled as the color drained from his face. the other dropped their heads slightly upon the reminder of their loss. no one spoke up. jaemin's hand slowly slid off of haechan's shoulder as he pursed his lips together.

he didn't know what to say or how to comfort the other. johnny felt a sting in his heart after realizing that taeyong was indeed gone. but he couldn't stand to see everyone break apart because of it, dongsuk wouldn't have wanted this.

"can you guys stop? if taeyong was here watching this do you think he'll be proud?" johnny scolded, eyeing each and everyone who was in the room. they all looked down, feeling a sense of guilt.

the older walked towards haechan and placed his hands on his shoulder, aligning their eyes. "listen to me, none of this is your fault. it is our job to protect you-"

"i don't get it!" haechan shouted, startling everyone. he pushed johnny's hands off as he turned up face the others. "you all treat me like i'm so important and you give me all this bullshit about how it's your job. i don't understand why you have to risk everything for me but i don't want you to." he paused and took a breath to calm down.

"every one of you here deserves to live just as much as i do."