Fourteen

" Who are you here with?" Nataniel smiled up at me.
" Uh... My..."

I looked around the busy lounge area wondering if Nord had come in by now but when I looked back, Nataniel seemed to still be waiting for an answer.
" Uh... I'm here with a number of people."

He nodded " I see. You're here with your friends."
I sighed to myself " If you can call them that.. Yes."
He glared at Wenda who was frowning at him.
" I want you to apologise to the nice boy for confusing and worrying him. I'm sorry that my sister has inconvenienced you. She always does things her own way."
I shook my head " Not at all. She's lovely."
Nataniel smirked. " So. Where are you from?"

I hummed " Uh The U S of A."
He chuckled " Ah then we are friends. We are from France dear Light."

I nodded watching as he spoke, he seemed really nice regardless that he was a bit distant.
Eventually when their family caught up he offered to show me the resort that actually belonged to his father.
" We have holiday resorts and villas in America, Africa so Many more in Europe as well."
We paused outside the balcony of the lounge on return and he smiled " So if you are ever around I can always find you something fun to do... Or a delightful getaway to stay at."
He extended a card towards me, his hands slim and smooth looking. His entire visage was cool but I didn't mind until I heard a growl.
" Light..!"
I looked over to see Nord waiting further back. His face expressionless as he just waited silently.
I exhaled " I have to go."
Nataniel smirked "Your boyfriend?"

I winced at the words.

I barely managed to whisper " My Husband actually."

As I got closer to him, he began walking off ahead " We are heading home. I've planned a movie."
My heart was pounding.
Wasn't he going to tell me off or something?
Or get angry for some reason
Why did it feel like there was an awkward air between us.
Or tension? Or something!?

It was 9pm on our return. We had dinner in our room. The staff could be heard downstairs.
Nord remained quiet behind me on the bed as we watched Love Actually.
I followed along with each tale and each tug and push.
However when I felt something press at my neck I was confused turning around.
Nord continued to press kisses at my shoulder and at my neck making me feel weak.

But whenever he pressed soft kisses to me like that... I could only remember his horrid words.

Vanilla plain Jane.

I cleared my throat as he opened his eyes and blinked at me " Hm?"
I scoffed getting off the bed.
" I need to use the bathroom."
He sighed aloud and ran a hand through his long hair.

I snuck out of the bedroom and exhaled to myself.
I wanted to... I really wanted to... But not with him.
But I wasn't a cheater... And I couldn't hurt him. He was still my husband.

It was silent as I drank my hot chocolate drink downstairs. Outside there was snow falling again.

A part of me wished I could get away from Nord. I felt like a butterfly weighed down by a rock.

And on return to our room I noticed mumbling.
" Yes... I don't know what the fuck to do... Of course I do! Its just... Look maybe its just the compatibility." he sighed.
" Maybe we just need counselling or something..."
I knocked on the door and instantly I heard him shuffling to end his phone call.
When he opened the door and saw me stood there holding some cocoa, he moved away to let me in.
I placed the drink down on his side of the table and began preparing to sleep.
" You haven't come trying. Since that evening."
I didn't realise what he meant... And then all of a sudden I had a clue.
" I learned my lesson. And I don't want to anymore."
His direction was focused on me.
" What happened then doesn't matter now. What matters now is how much I want you. If it meant locking our door and being alone here for the entire week... I would do just that to have you all to myself again."

Words didn't mean anything as sweet as they were to hear.
I sighed clearing my throat remembering my question to him.

Am I not good enough.

And he hadn't answered.

There was no way in hell he wanted to be alone with me. For a whole week. Locked away in our bedroom.

I ignored his words and quietly climbed into my side of the bed.
Sleep was a Shameless visitor.

" Morning Nataniel here."
I turned over in bed holding the phone to my ear.
" Yeah I wanted to ask... What is the best thing to do right now with the weather as it is."

He chuckled " Well I could always come over and teach you how to make snowmen."

I couldn't help but smile " Ha-ha. Very smart. But seriously..."

He suddenly hummed " Well with the falling snow... We have a special visit to the finest chocolate makers in the whole of Switzerland then a trip to the ice rink. Its not far from the resort and they do fireworks on special occasions. Lastly warming up by making love in front of the fire."

What was he doing?
Trying to woo me? Regardless... I felt my stomach tighten in a knot...

It almost seemed too real...the crackling fire... And Nord's soft huffs of pleasure... His cold hands keeping mine pressed against the ground... His smooth form lit by just the fire itself as his coolness colliding with my own.
Again and again.

" Who were you talking to?" Nord frowned when he exited the bathroom disturbing my fantasy.

Only he could ruin my daydreams of him.
I frowned at him putting my phone out of sight hurriedly.
" A friend."