Twenty

" And you Nord?"
He sighed heavily.
" He drives me fucking crazy... He doesn't get that he's.... Very good at upsetting me, inspiring me, distracting me..."
He looked into my eyes again and bit his lips " Pleasing me... And enraging me. He's good at it all."

I pursed my lips at his words.
Dr Callum sighed " Alright. I want you... To tell me... What's been the most difficult thing for you in this relationship... Starting with you Light."

I thought hard...

The hardest part.

" ... He blamed me... For a confrontation that was out of my control."
" It was perfectly in your control had you controlled your mouth." He hummed quickly.

I glared at him... Was he stuck on this!?
I opened my mouth to speak but Dr Callum cut in " Nord... What was the hardest part for you so far?"

He sighed. " He went to the Nightlife district without telling me."
I turned to leer at him.

That was his hardest part!? Not me ignoring him!? Not our first fight!? Not breaking my heart during our second fight!? What was wrong with this man!?

Dr Callum sighed " Nord why was that the hardest thing for you?"
Nord exhaled looking down at me.

" I want to protect him. But I can't if he lies about where he's going."

My mouth hung open " I told Hikari I was with Maddy!"
He leered at me "  Doesn't tell me where you are! If you got your ass kidnapped I don't have Maddys number so I can strangle him!"

I bit my lip at him.
But I got what he meant... He was worried.
Dr Callum smiled faintly at me " Now Light... Why was the confrontation thing the hardest thing for you."

I sighed biting my lip.
" Because... Marrying him has forced me to become who he thinks I am... Its not the same as the person I actually am. And he wants me to change to fit his idea."

Dr Callum chuckled as Nord Growled beside me.
" You're actually a very intelligent young man. A lot of fights begin because of that. Unrealistic expectations and assumptions partners have of each other.
My wife wore a lot of make up so I assumed she was constantly seeing other men. My husband  says I look like Madonna, and says I don't dress myself up enough. These are all assumptions. Light. I want you to tell Nord what thoughts you had about that confrontation. "

I glanced over at Nord who looked like he was really starting to hate therapy.

I sighed watching him avoid eye contact with me.
" You know I was eager that night... And you did start it by putting me in your lap... Like one of those toys... He took that as some kind of invitation to mock me.... Isn't it obvious he thought I was some low toy to you. And then... All you could tell me was I was supposed to act like a toy? So what was I not supposed to bitch at him like other fucking toys would?"

Dr Callum hummed " Light. No language please."
I exhaled starting again... Realising how blasé he still looked. I sighed. "I realised... You didn't want me to defend myself you wanted me to forget me and think about you and only you. Do you know how stupid that is...."
Dr Callum cleared his throat " Light. That tone is not productive. Let's move on to Nord."

Nord sighed " When you... Came home late... the thoughts that ran through my head were... Where is my baby? Why is he not home. Why didn't he ask to leave? What if I had planned something... A surprise. And he had gone out.... And instead.... I'm stuck for hours... Days, weeks, god knows how long... Not knowing where he went no hint nor idea of where you could have been.... And the fact... That you were with Naiden. That dirty cheap slut!"
" Nord!"
He groaned at Dr Callums interruption.
" All I'm saying is you play friends with them and yet you're angry when I ask you to behave like one! And you worry me on top!"
" That's enough there...."

Dr Callum discussed how we should be talking in therapy... No insulting or swearing. No negative vibes or blaming each other for stuff... No insulting ideas or feelings. Not belittling anyone.

Eventually we were ready to leave and I climbed into the vehicle with my man sat beside me.

It was quiet.

" What happened before... All of it... Let's put it in the past. I want to move on from here..."
I watched his stern face silently.

Nord had brought me to a private French restaurant where I was going to pig out like a king. It helped that I had started losing weight recently and firming up thanks to easy access to a gym but today I was gonna cheat so hard.

Nord just happily watched me I slurped on a meat pasta dish, picked at some smoked salmon, tasted a salad and got super drunk on red wine.

My husband's mouth was hung open at me as he quietly paid the bill.
And almost elegantly he held me close to him and walked me back to the car... Where I fell into the car on my back, Mr White falling atop of me with a huff.

I chuckled " You know I've never done it in a car before."
He smirked growling low " I sure hope not..."
His hands fit around my hips stroking gently. " However..."
He pulled at my belt my pants tightening round my groin.
I groaned in frustration.
He purred nearing me " That can always be arranged..."

His face grew closer to my own... Hovering above me as I reached up to meet his lips and he quickly... Pulled away.
He whispered leaning closer again.

" You're tipsy. Bad boy."