Forty Six

I've loved cupcakes since I was little.
My mother would give me cupcakes as a snack.

When I got married, cupcakes were my favourite thing to eat when I was nervous.

Nord bought me cupcakes after our first fight.
It was also the night I lost my virginity.

If anything cupcakes made me happy when I needed most.

I'd been staring at the floor for a while but only now realised there was trash on the floor.

The blank piece of paper made me nervous as I reached down to pick it up.

" You're the toy. You."

I swallowed feeling my body shake.
I quickly tore up the paper.

Maybe it had been here before and I hadn't seen it.
I got up anxious and upset only to see Winona stood tall with a worried expression.

" Sir! Is everything alright!?"
I nodded.

" Everything's fine, Winona.... I'm just... Still upset about everything... Can you... Give me some time alone please? "

Her eyes widened at me " No of course!" And she hurried out the door leaving me in silence.
My body felt cold as I began to quake.

My hair was stood on end. I hated whoever it was that made me feel like this.

When my phone disrupted my trance I hurriedly looked at my sons.

Both were fast asleep. God knew how long it had been.

When I looked down at my phone it was now nearly time for Nord to get home. However I had an incoming call from Nataniel.

I answered it quickly.

" Hello?"

" Hey Light, Nataniel here. I wanted to call in and talk to you."

I couldn't help but sigh, still feeling overwhelmed by my fears and anxieties.
He suddenly sounded confused " Light? Is everything okay?"

I inhaled sharply.

" Everything's fine. Just... Overwhelmed."

He hummed softly " Oh I'm sorry... I forgot the twins must be a lot of work... Keeping you up late and all that other stuff."

I nodded to myself with a sniffle. I couldn't cry right now.

" Yeah... And no. The babies are wonderful. Its like.... They don't need anyone but me. Yknow. They can't live... Without me."

He chuckled " Of course. But... Really Light. What's on your mind?"

I exhaled realising that since I'd gotten back.... Things had not slowed down for even a second.

My husband was suddenly distant and his stupid ex toys were somehow getting into the house.

And then he was angry at me again.
And Hikari wouldn't be here anymore.

I sighed " Its nothing..."
He growled " If he's done something to you again..."

I sniffed " Its not that. Nord... He's been amazing but... He can't help the drama he comes with."

He huffed " Regardless. If ever you need to get away... Even for a day... I'm not very far... Just make sure to call me. Alright?"

I nodded to myself " Thanks Nate, I have to go now... Before Nord comes home."

We said our goodbyes and I proceeded to head to the reception area where outside it was pouring down.

The cars pulled in and Nord arrived home. Only to glare at me the entire time.