Thirty One

I held onto Nord's hand and watched him bring us nearer to a large ship. I pulled my hand away from him.

" Don't be... Oh my god. Did you get us a ship! Just for the two of us! Oh God Nord really!"
He chuckled " Its okay. You'll love it. Come on."
So we hurried onto the gently swaying ship and made our way to the top deck. Only then do I realise.... He'd invited our friends and family.
There was food on several large tables and some soft music was being played by some performers.

My parents approached me first. My father patting my back " Happy birthday son!"
I chuckled "Thanks Dad."

My mom quietly nodded in agreement.
Nord proceeded to discuss work and health with my dad and he asked about my clothes.
I was surprised that he wanted me to wear.... These clothes around our friends and family and I didn't quite understand why until we ran into Liod and Erma. Erma looked like a model.
I was almost jealous. Almost.

They smiled and wished me happy birthday. Liod presented me with a baby blue box with white ribbon.
Opening it up it was a diamond headpiece with tear drop shaped diamonds hanging on beaded strings.
I smiled at the two of them " This is so fragile though!"
Liod smiled pulling Erma closer to him.
" I had to ask for advice on what to get you. Its a good thing Toys have it for Fashion so. Baby said the headpiece would look nice on ya."
I smiled at Erma " Thanks. Its so nice!I love it guys."

They chuckled, all smiles and I broke away to wonder around a bit on my own. Hikari joined me helping me with the gift. Apparently she would rather hold it.
I thanked her but told her I would hold it myself. Just this once.

" Mon cher..."
My stomach twisted in a knot at the words.
I looked over and Nataniel approached beaming at me
" What do you make of the surprise?"
I smiled at him " Its lovely."
He chuckled " The Lady Diana is my father's own personal cruise ship and usually won't share. I requested that we have it for you. Tonight."
" Oh this is... Your boat?!"
He smiled " Yes. However. I'm not done spoiling you Mon cher, I have one more little gift."
I watched as he fiddled with a large decorated bag.

He pulled out a Scarlet coloured box laced with honey coloured string.
" Open your gift darling."he smiled like a cat.
I glanced at the box in my hands and pulled open the strings.

A necklace and two bracelets.

Even though they were stylish I was beginning to worry.

" Do you think they'll look good on me?"
I bit my lip.
He chuckled " Let me help you put it on and then we'll see."
He lifted the necklace out, and walked around me. Its only then I noticed Nord's eyes on me from across the deck.
He was glaring hard.
I cleared my throat "Nataniel. Its fine... I can... Try it on later."
He chuckled from behind my neck "Nonsense."

Before I could even say anything another low growl was heard.
" A jewellery set. Lovely. Would you mind if I put my husband's bracelets on him myself?"
Nataniel chuckled moving away slowly.
" Not at all." He smirked.
I played with the necklace at my neck as Nord huffed fiddling with the chain at my wrist.
" Do you like that necklace...?"

I smiled at him " Yeah. He's very good at picking out classy things."

Nord moved away from me letting my arm fall loosely.
" Right." He exhaled glancing back around the ship.

And almost abruptly he walked off without a word.
I didn't notice his behaviour at first but I continued to walk around and greet everyone. Eventually Hikari decided I could not hold all the gifts myself and decided to put them away for me.

Carlen and Naiden quickly approached me looking as thick as thieves.
Carlen looked as smug as ever " My my my...19 years old."
I smiled up at him " yeah!"
He suddenly glowered in Naiden's direction.
" Naiden. His gift." He clicked his fingers demandingly.
Naiden bit his lip and fumbled with a handbag bringing out an object wrapped in wrapping paper.

I glanced up at Carlen's miserable expression remembering his behaviour at the restaurant.
" Can I open it..." I enquired softly.

Carlen smiled leaning towards me. " Yes. Please do."
I smiled at Naiden and began unwrapping it.

It was a black book of some kind. Opening it out... It was a photo album with pretty little details inside.

" This is nice! "
Carlen rolled his eyes smirking " Naturally! Now. Tell me about what you've decided about working for the company? "
Naiden frowned at him " Sir! Really!? Business right now!?"
He chuckled " Business is happening every minute of the day. So. What do you think Light?"

I forced a smiled " I... Haven't been able to properly think it through sir. Nord has kept me quite busy since... Well dinner. But I promise to get back to you soon enough sir."
He raised his glass at me and smiled " To many more happy years."
I raised my glass quickly and nodded " Cheers"
Where the hell was Nord!?

The evening coming into night began to quieten down.
I spotted my husband stood at the edge of the deck, leaning over the barriers.

I walked over to him and sighed "Please tell me you're not upset cause I said I liked Nataniel's necklace."
He exhaled glancing up at me " I'm not."
I frowned at him " Then what is it... You were leering at him when he put the necklace on me and it just...."
I looked back at him and noticed he was holding out a long navy velvet box.

Oh.
Oh.
Ohhhh.

....Shit!