Twenty Two: Nord

And now for something slightly different:

Nord

Vega is a proud establishment of the Vega brothers. The club was taken over in 1950 and has been a pinnacle place of leisure ever since.

Holding Light's hand I could already see his worried expression. It frustrated me that he may just chuck again out of nervousness. He had never met any of my close acquaintances before and I was about to do something potentially damaging.
Or damning.
Or both.

I would make sure he didn't touch a drop of alcohol. He had been on edge for two whole days.
It didn't help that with his arm brace he looked like I'd done something terrible. But he did say he could speak for himself. And I wasn't about to make a scene.
Arys and Colin followed as always when we entered. Guards of the establishment specially walked us around the lively club, bringing us around to the VIP gents room. It didn't even take a second for the doors to be pushed open and all hell to break loose.

I could already spot Liod and his toy Erma on the couches.

Carlen stood by with a grin on his face, his toy... Naiden was playing pool with a few other toys.

Caspar and Ryte stood to one side with drinks, clearly discussing who they were planning on taking home with them.

I instantly wrapped a hand around Light's waist steadying him.

" Come on babe." I exhaled encouraging him forward.
He inhaled sharply but remained quiet tip toeing in slowly.

My sharp eyes could instantly sense the detest in Erma's eyes from across the room. The boy was practically throwing daggers.
I was instantly high alert.

Light mumbled to me with a frown on his face " Your friends? "
I nodded " You already know Liod." He exhaled shakily " Oh yeah..."
I sighed glancing over at Naiden " And you already know Naiden..."
He nodded " Yes..."

What I hadn't accounted for was another guest I wasn't made aware of.
Liod chuckled " I hope you don't mind Nord but I invited my friend Nataniel along."

The little shit whom I recognised beamed " We're already such good friends."

He crawled over to us and eyed up Light.
" How's your arm doing?"

Light smiled wriggling his fingers "Healing really well!"

Nataniel returned his smile and I pulled him tighter to me clearing my throat.

" Well... You know Carlen..?"
The oldest member smiled eyeing up Light like he were a newly discovered species.
His eyes fell back on Naiden with ease.

I proceeded to leer at Nataniel until he budged for us to move away from him.

" This is Caspar and Ryte Earnway."
The brothers nodded at Light in a formal hello.

I cleared my throat " Arys, request another set of drinks for my friends please."
Carlen smirked " Oh please Nord. Leave your formalities. Allow me."
I growled " I am the last to arrive. So really...I should be paying."

Caspar chuckled " Not exactly! Blue still ain't here!"

Oh right...Blue.
Light looked up at me " As in Blue Carter?"
I nodded " Younger than me by a year he had the same tutor as Carlen and I as teenagers."
His eyes widened with an acknowledgement that I adored on him.
At this point I realised something was off.
Already there were uninvited guests but now there seemed like there were just way too many guests.

The toys played pool and its only then I realised someone had brought fucking Reed and Elizabetta along of all people!
I tightened my grip on Light and had him sit further away from the group.

His eyes glared up at me " Sir why are you moving us back here?"

I smiled trying to comfort him. I didn't want him worrying.
" Well...my friends can be a bit.... Annoying. I don't want them harassing you."
Light frowned tilting his head at me " I'm not some burden!"
I couldn't help but smile... Looking him over he was just... So beautiful.
I chuckled " I know baby. But just sit here... While I get you something easy to drink yeah?"
He nodded biting his lip at me... And then I felt his hand reaching out gripping my own.
" Uh.."
I looked back at him and he looked worried " Can I... Talk to my friend?"
Friend? Naiden?
" Which friend? "
He smiled hopefully " Nataniel... Please Nord?"
I exhaled.
Not that shit. Anyone but that shit.
I sighed looking back at where the two brothers were speaking to an annoying dark haired Frenchman.

I rolled my eyes.
" Sure!"

He smiled calling out for his friend straight away...

Did he even take a second to think about how I felt?

I walked over to the bar where Reed stalked over.

I focused on the bartender.
" Whisky. And..." I looked back at baby.
He was looking really happy with his friend... It was intensely overwhelming.... The jealousy I felt that is.

A part of me questioned why I would even agree to the idea but I focused back on the bartender.
" One lemonade."
Reed was dressed good. He did this intentionally. Everything he wore was exactly what I told him I liked...
He chirped " Not gonna buy me a drink like you used to? "
I sighed " No. Frankly I don't appreciate you upsetting my husband."
He scoffed " oh puh-lease. He doesn't even know anything about you and he doesn't even try. It's a shame you had to marry someone who doesn't know who you really are. "
I sighed at him " That was the whole point..."
He groaned " Well either way. You know where to find me... Should you want a proper lay. "
He stalked up to me baring his neck as if to taunt me.

This was a game he would lose.

——————————————————

Pronunciations/ Info ;

Arys is pronounced Aries
Carlen is pronounced Carl-In
Maddeus is pronounced Maddy-us

Liod is short for Liodionysus.... Let's not even try to pronounce that.

Doux (Nord's brother) means soft. Despite his tough exterior. Its also pronounce Do.

Hikari means Light 
And Nord is North. For none other than Northern Lights.

Just a quick thank you to everyone who has been keeping up with the story so far. Let me know what you do make of it and I will see you in the next one.

CatS 🙏🙏🙏