Volume 2 Chapter 1: system.exe has stopped working

[UNEDITED]

‹ Host, due to a "small" error in the System's OS, you have been transported to an ⸂ INTERMEDIATE LEVEL⸃ world instead of a beginner one. Sorry for the inconvenience. You will receive 1000 points for compensation. ›

'System what you doin'? ヽ༼ಢ_ಢ༽ノ'

'Player 0001 received 1000 points for ⸂Compensation⸃
Points: 2610'

'O..okay. System please send the story plot now please :D'

Story's setting is similar to Ancient China. This world's plot is about the female lead Song Ai, a commoner with a beauty that could battle the concubines of the Emperor's harem. The 9th prince Gong Mu (who was in disguise that time), saw Song Ai getting robbed. He took pity on her and brought her back to the palace to work as a palace maid. On the way there, he falls in love with her charms and 'uniqueness'. He thought he wasn't like any other woman he had met.

Harem List: Gong Mu

Gong Mu's bodyguard Rong Mui fell in love with her aswell, adding him to the reverse harem list.

Also add 5th prince Gong Su, 3rd prince Gong Yang and the Crown Prince (Story's male protagonist) Gong Li.

Zhelang's current body is Huo Shuren, a childhood friend of the crown prince who confessed to him, making the crown prince hate him. Homosexuality is actually accepted here, but this dear prince hated that his childhood 'brother' actually had feelings for him all this time. Eventually, Huo family's schemes got exposed and Huo Shuren and the whole Huo household was executed.

'Main Mission
Prevent the female lead to get together with the Crown Prince. Save Huo Family.

Reward: 1500 points.
Failure: Termination'

'System... Regarding the plot. Why do I feel like this is only the tip of the iceberg¹?'

‹ Host, I cannot answer your question. ›

'What do I expect. Of course, you can't answer me, you useless shit. ( ͡°╭╮ʖ ͡°)

‹ ໒( •́ ‸ •̀ )७ Host, you hurt my feelings. I'm gonna have to take 100 points from you. ›

'Wait- whAT-'

System deducted 100 from your points.
Points: 2510.

'SYSTEM!?'

‹ ԅ། ຈ ◞౪◟ຈ །و ›

"Shuren-ge?" A young voice sounded. It was a fifteen-year old Crown Prince Gong Li.

This was the day Shuren will confess to the Crown Prince.

‹ Oh and by the way, don't act OOC, Host. Good luck. ›

Shuren checked the memory of the OG Shuren and found out that he is a smol cute tsundere but caring guy. (wow i luv grammar :) )

"Li-didi! What are you doing here?!" Shuren pouted which made him look really adorable.

"You called for me." Crown Prince gave him an adorable toothy grin, which is so cute, I would've died if I was there. ;)

New Side Mission!
Confess without making the Crown Prince hate your existence. No time limit.

Reward: 100 points
Failure: 1000 points deducted.

'Hmmmm. Okay, time to act. >:) Crown Prince, if you don't fall in love with my good acting skills Imma kick your ass.'

"O-oh, right. You know, I... I- uhh." Shuren forced a fake laughter, as if hiding something. His insincerity didn't escape the Crown Prince's phoenix eyes. Shuren was a very straightforward person, he would never hesitate to voice out his thoughts. Gong Li's jolly personality vanished like a finished firework show.

"I'm gonna leave now." Shuren looked at Gong Li finally, before avoiding his gaze again. He did a short curtsy (which he never does before) and left the Crown Prince standing there, bedazzled. Shuren's voice echoed in his mind like a broken record. Shuren's action made him feel strange. 

Shuren on the other hand, walked fast as his footsteps sounded like his heartbeat. Loud and fast.

~*~

tip of the iceberg¹ - the small, perceptible part of a much larger situation or problem that remains hidden.