Volume 2 Chapter 2: Stalker

[UNEDITED]

While Shuren was sleeping, he got a new sub-mission. 

'NEW Sub Mission.
Stop the female lead's harem.

Rewards: 500 (Points: 2510)
Failure: -1500 Points'

So while befriending everyone in the harem list, he gets to avoid Crown Prince, he also will be able to finish sub-mission 2. Hitting three birds with one stone.

At the palace, the crown prince sat on his seat, deep in thought. He was a very "unbothered" type of person, but Huo Shuren's little actions made him very unsettled. Very, very unsettled.

These past few weeks, Shuren has completely avoided him, only greeting him when Gong Li stopped in front of him and/or called for him. Sometimes, he thinks of locking him up in a tower so that he can't escape him anymore.

Also, Shuren was talkative with other people, but with him, he was ghost quiet. That bothered him as well.

'Shuren, why are you making me feel this way...' He thought with a frown on his face.

‹ Host, it has been a month. Also, Crown Prince 'seems' to be angry with you, as seen by the system. ›

'I know, and I will confess to him at the Royal Banquet. You know, I used the trick 'making the person unsettled by ignoring, so he/she will be happy once you talk again, then he/she will love you more'

Host, that doesn't ensure that the Crown Prince will love you back

'Oh... Right, ;-;'

Everyone in the Shenlong Country prepared for the Civil Service Examination. Those who are lucky will have a chance to work at the palace. This includes the dear female lead, Song Ai, whose eyes showed determination for passing a test in the exam.

No one supported her. Her abusive father only sneered at her. And she was bullied. And robbed. The robber even stole her [outer] clothes, leaving her with a thin piece of white clothing which made her freeze in the cold winter. 

Shuren was informed about Song Ai's situation. He low-key felt pity because he was with the 9th Prince who was supposed to saw her getting robbed.

Host, it is a good act to save the female lead. 

'Huh, you understand human emotions now? Sadness? Empathy?'

... 

Shuren smiled mischievously which shocked 9th Prince who was talking to him. He thought Shuren looked absolutely adorable while smiling mischievously, and he would prefer a naughty Shuren than a calm, collected Shuren.

"Do you wanna sneak outside? Let's go to the city." Shuren asked.

Gong Mu (9th Prince) liked this idea. He asked Rong Mui, his bodyguard, to disguise as well and the three went off.

"Hold up, is that a woman?" Shuren pretended to be shocked to see the lying Song Ai, freezing on the side of the small secluded streets of the Central City.

Gong Mu was alarmed. Shuren took off his outer robe (he was wearing three, excuse was 'it was cold') and covered the female lead. She was passed out. But after carrying her, a loud voice broke out.

"It's the 2nd Prince's army! And he's going to the Palace gates!" 

Gong Mu was shocked at hearing this. He never heard about his older brother coming back to the palace. Is he here to take revenge? Rong Mui advised the 9th Prince to come back at the palace now. Shuren also agreed to this. Rong Mui carried the female lead. 

Shuren was nowhere to be found.