Volume 4 Chapter 2: Alterations

[UNEDITED]

Chao Xiang was enraged at the news of his father dying before even reaching the gates of Feng City. He knew something bad was about to happen to him, but he didn't insist on stopping his father.

He felt sadness and anger. Sadness for the man who promised to guide him at the bad side of life has died. Anger towards the government, towards the people who assassinated his father.

He suspected the He. He Gui was the one who "helped" Chao Father to join XinXinJiao. That man only sent people to Northern Feng, and he seemed suspicious also. I mean... giving them three pouches of gold for "gratitude"?

They, basically bribed him with money in exchange for his sacrifice.

"Those rascals... they would do anything for power." 

He travelled to Feng City. It would usually take an average person twelve days, yet he arrived at the gates in only six days. Luckily he was not in the far northern part of the Feng, or it would probably take him a month, at least.

And it would take him a day to get familiarized with the city, given the map he brought that was his father's.

"It's only a matter of time before I'll have my vengeance..."

~*~

Chao Xiang was a man of righteousness. 

And... he was also a man of sex appeal. Back in the village, girls from neighboring villages would visit him, even the maidens from huge families would even visit him sometimes, much to his dismay.

Surprisingly, he wouldn't pick even one woman to be his wife. Father Chao even thought his son is bent.

So, it is not really surprising to see maidens and other older ladies stop and look at him as he pass by them. And he was wearing a cloak, which only contributed to his mysteriousness.

~*~

"Ugh... You shitty system! Did I really have to be bedridden while taking that stupid Xie Beauty Pill!? How am I supposed to take the Kung Hei Pill and exercise now?! Eat dogcrap!"

So much rage, yet what only came out was painful moans.

System: . . . 

Wei Wei was curved in his bed, trying to normalize the pain he is feeling. It felt like thousand knives stabbing him over and over again. 

'Am I really that ugly for the pill to work this way? Ugh.'

System said it was his body accustoming to the changes. Yet He De Wei didn't believe any single crap from System.

After what felt like hours of torture in Tartarus, Wei finally felt the pain disappearing. He struggled to stand up, his body was still stiff. He was also sweaty and he looked pale af. He stood up and walked towards the dresser where a thing covered in brown wrapping stood. He peeled the wrap off and it was the thing he ordered—, a mirror.

Apparently, the original He De Wei was aware of the fact that he was unattractive. That made him depressed. He never wanted to look at mirrors ever again. It ruined his childhood, his teenager years, and basically his life. Insecurity made him a bad person.

He suddenly pitied the original body's soul. He knew what it felt like to be judged by your own appearance. Especially, since this world is different alongside it's traditions and culture, beauty, with strength and power definitely gives a contribution to how one's life is gonna play out.

He looked at the full-sized silver mirror. He saw an unfamiliar figure. He was used to seeing Shen Yang. His past self. Past self? He's not sure.

Speaking of Shen Yang, he missed Chang Yuhan. Not romantically, though. (System: I missed him too uwu)

But yeah, He De Wei's appearance definitely changed. At least, he finally knew that system's products aren't fake and fraud.

His size became noticeably smaller, but he was still quite chubby. It made him look adorable, though. Four kilograms of weight loss didn't make much difference, but it's for the better since he will surely get suspicious if he lost too much weight in such a small amount of time.

He cannot deny that this "beauty pill" definitely made development. Even though he still had 29 days left to complete the transformation, his face, who, just hours ago was "disgusting" to look at, now became bearable, to say the least.

His pores were now closed, and he didn't reek of smelly stinky oil. (an exaggeration :v)

'Well. I guess, that's good?'

'These so-called "beauty pills"... How come they never sell this at my real world? It would have been so much convenient.'

~*~

Hey!!! sorry for not updating! I'm really planning on a mass-upload on Saturday/Sunday. Please don't think I'm dropping this story!! T.T