Chapter 2 :

Beca's P.O.V.

It was Chloe fucking Beale! From my old a cappella group from when I went to Barden University. And her dickhead boyfriend Tom, the guy in the showers. The truth is, I kinda liked Chloe, she was a really good friend to me and was always there for me.

"You should get that one, you could use a guard dog." Tom said, pointing to the Rottweiler. Chloe stepped towards the other dog's cage and the dog started flashing it's teeth and growled. "Yeah, I don't think that's the dog for me." Chloe said.
She stepped towards my cage and opened the door with a key. I pushed myself as far against the wall as I could as she stepped closer. I was shaking in fear at this point and I don't know why.

She slowly knelt down in front of me and offered her hand. I took a small step forward and sniffed her hand. She still had that nice strawberry smell. I gave a small lick to her hand and she smiled.

Chloe's P.O.V.

"See Tom?" I said. "She's so shy and cute." I smiled at the little pup and looked into her navy blue eyes. I could've sworn I've seen them before but, I just couldn't put my finger on it. "Whatever babe." Tom said, rolling his eyes.

"Excuse me?" I called out to one of the shelter employees. "I would like to adopt this one." The shelter employee just looked at me. "Are you sure? That one has really bad anxiety." The employee said. I nodded and he went to get the paperwork. I turned back to the dog and for a second I swear I could see a little smirk on its snout.

The dog jumped up on me and started licking my face. "Ahhh! That tickles!" I squealed. The dog jumped off and stuck it's tongue out. I looked over at Tom and he was crossing his arms looking at the dog with a death stare. I'm pretty sure he was jealous. I tried to relieve the tension and said, "We need a name for her." Tom nodded and walked in. The dog put her tail in between her legs again and backed into the corner again when Tom walked over.

"Rogue? Come here Rogue!" Tom called. The dog didn't budge and stayed in the corner. "How about Blaze? Blaze!" Tom tried to call out again. The dog kept still and still stayed in the corner. "Dumb mutt." Tom mumbled. "Hey, don't say that." I said sternly to him. "What? She's just a dog, it's not like she has feelings." Tom defended. I rolled my eyes and turned to the dog. "Bella? Come here girl." I blurted out. The Barden Bella's was the name of my old a cappella group in college and it just came to me. The dog slowly made its way over to me and rested it's head on my lap. I smiled and stroked the top of her head. "Bella it is." I said.