Chapter 7 :

Beca's P.O.V.

I had to resist the urge to lick Chloe's face. "No...you're supposed to be mad at her remember? She's picking Tom over you for God's Sake!" I thought to myself. Unlucky for me, Chloe is a very hard person to stay mad at. When Chloe started petting my back softly, I finally gave in and licked her hand. She smiled at me and drifted off to sleep. On the other hand, I stayed awake. I couldn't bear to think of the shelter. That nasty Rottweiler next to me, and the loud cries of other dogs. I couldn't think of it. It was too much.

Chloe's P.O.V.

I woke up at 8 PM and Bella was laying on my arm. I couldn't believe I was doing this. I hadn't even had her for 2 days and we were already bringing her back. There was just something about her. I slid off the sofa and got ready. When I got downstairs, Bella was looking at me with a sad puppy face. "I'm sorry." I said.

Beca's P.O.V.

At this moment I wanted nothing more, but to prove to Chloe that I was really Beca. Suddenly, I got an idea. I started jumping up and down giving my best puppy face I could.

Chloe gave a small smile and said, "Aww. That's what Beca does when she wants something." I looked up at her with hope. "You're like Beca in like a puppy form." She said smiling. "Yes Chloe! I am Beca!" I tried to say. My words came out as barks and Chloe shook her head with a tiny smile. She just couldn't realize I was Beca.

We relaxed on the couch and I didn't even realize how much time passed until the doorbell rang. Chloe stood up and answered it. Tom was standing there with his dumb smirk on his face. "It's time." He said. Chloe sighed and picked me up. She gave me a little kiss on my head and carried me to the car. She sat down and I situated myself in her lap. "Wow she's nice and warm." I thought. I snuggled into her lap and she giggled quietly. The car ride to the shelter was silent.