3

Emalia’s POV

‘How about we have nicknames?’ I ask dreamily, staring at the black lake, lying on the soft grass.

‘Like what?’

‘Umm… Padfoot. Prongs. Wormtail. Moony.’

Remus jumps at the name. ‘Why would you say Moony?’

‘Wolfs howl at the moon. Duh!’

‘Oh, okay.’

‘What about you?’

‘I don’t really know.’

‘Foxy.’ Remus suggests.

‘Sure.’ I laugh.

‘So Padfoot, are you happy not to be in Slytherin?’

‘It feels like a dream, love.’ He replies sleepily.

‘You might just be dreaming soon.’ I giggle.

His eye opens a teensy bit and glares at me. ‘So it awakens.’ A few moments after he closes his eye again I point my wand at him. ‘Aguamenti!’

‘Ugh!’ he yelps jumping up.

‘You aren’t sugar, you won’t melt, love!’ I scramble away from him and up the hill.

He chases after me. I trip, sending the books in my arms flying. He catches up to me, offering his hand. I take it and pull him down, scouring for my books. Severus grabs my arm.

‘I think you threw your books at my head.’ He scowls. ‘Don’t do it again, Mudblood.’

‘Stop calling me that!’ I growl.

‘What do you want, Snivellus?’ Sirius taunts.

‘Nothing from you, Black.’ He walks away.

‘He returned some books that I kindly threw at his head.’ I mutter. ‘Anyway, I have a really cool surprise for you and the guys.’

‘What is it?’

‘If I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise, would it! Don’t worry it won’t hurt!’

‘You always say that.’

‘Do I have to tickle you?’

‘You can’t tickle me. I’m way too fast.’

‘Just watch me.’

He breaks into a run down the hill as I just casually skip down, mumbling, ‘Rictusempra!’ he falls landing right near our group of friends, laughing.

‘Emalia! Stop it!’

‘Hey guys, I learned a new spell!’ they laugh.