7

Lily’s POV

‘Severus will betray Lily, a thing that will eventually kill her and her husband, James.’ Emalia whispers.

‘Em?’ I ask.

‘The Dark Lord will kill them himself, first James then Lily, but through Lily’s act of love, he will not be able to touch their son.’

I realize she is asleep. I take out my recorder. ‘None of the Marauders’ will live until they are 40. James first,  Sirius, Peter then Remus. One of them will betray their friends; send two to their deaths and one to Azkaban for 12 years. Remus will have a son and so will James, but none of the others.

‘I will be the first to die. In the Black Lake, unless they realize soon enough to save me.’ She stops.

I get up and run into the common room so to not wake anyone up. I replay what it says. I don’t hear them in the room.

‘Blimey! Is that Foxy?’ Sirius exclaims.

‘Yes! According to her dream none of us will make it till we are forty and she is going to die in the Black Lake.’

‘Why did you record it?’ Remus asks. James picks up the device, examining it.

‘I wanted to ask her about it when she wakes up.’

‘She never remembers any of her dreams.’ James comments.

‘How do you know?’

‘Maybe because I asked her?

‘You are a git.’

‘that’s your opinion!’

‘it’s the opinion of most people.’

‘oh you love me!’

‘what the bloody hell?!’

‘langue, Evans! Do you really hate me?’

‘yes.’

‘Do you hate Sirius?’

‘Yes.’

‘Do you not mind Remus?’

‘Yes.’

‘And peter?’

‘Yes.’

‘Will you go to the dance with me?’

‘Yes.’

‘I knew it!’

‘Wait what!?’

‘You just agreed to go to the dance with me!’ his friends cheer.

‘You don’t have any proof!’

‘But I do my dear!’ he flourishes the recorder, before playing back, ‘”Will you go to the dance with me? Yes!” Wear something nice.’

‘Levicorpus!’ he is hoisted up into the air, screaming. I walk by, grabbing the recorder. ‘Nice try, Potter.’

‘Lily! Let him down! Just because I won’t let you insult him anymore, does not mean you can hex him! Or take his stuff!’ Emalia scolds, taking the recorder then releasing him.

‘Thank you, Foxy! I don’t know why she did it!’ he says innocently.

She scans him for a moment before handing the recorder back to me. ‘there is something wrong with that. Prongs, being innocent? Impossible.’

‘He tricked me into say you would go to the dance with him.’

‘Lily! You promised me that you would go with the first boy to ask you! Are you really going to break your promise?’

‘No! but—‘

‘Then you are going with James. Goodnight everyone.’ She climbs back up the stairs.