13

Emalia’s POV

‘Ah Mrs. Richards, I need to talk to you.’ The Headmaster pats my shoulder.

I look up to him with my tear-stained and follow him.

'Pixie Dust.’ The Gargoyle spins, revealing a stair case. We climb up, and then he sits down at his headmaster chair. ‘I have some terrible news.’

‘Do you have any good?’ I ask quietly, hoping he says yes, prating he says yes.

‘Yes. The memory charm will wear off by the end of the month.’

‘Finally!’ I smile, getting up.

‘But your mother has died unexpectedly. Along with her unborn child.’

I fall back down onto the chair. ‘Sh- she was pregnant?’

He nods. ‘I suspect it was Lord Voldemort, or one of the Death Eaters.’

‘Why them?’

‘He takes great joy in torturing Muggles. And Muggle-Born children.’

‘What was it?’

‘Pardon?’

‘A girl or boy?’ I ask, tears brimming in my eyes.

‘A girl. I saw a list of names, the one she circled was Ebere. It means mercy.’

The room start spinning a little. ‘Ironic, isn’t it? The one thing he didn’t show to her.’ I murmur. I get up and walk back to the dorms. Everything’s a blur and buzz. When I enter the Common Room, the boys surround me until Remus notices my sad and far away expression.

‘What happened?’

‘He killed them.’ I whisper.

‘Who killed who?’ he asks softly.

‘My mother. My baby sister. She wasn’t even born, yet he still had the nerve to take away her first breath.’

‘Who?’

‘The Dark Dud!’ I exclaim, everything coming back to me in a rush of what feels like warm water, but I stay completely dry.

‘Oh, Moony what am I going to do?’ I wrap my arm around him, bursting into sobs.

‘Think about them. That way you’ll never forget them.’

‘You actually think I’d forget about the only family I have?! I have no one now!’ I cry.

‘You have us!’ James interjects.

‘Okay, but where am I going to live? My father lives halfway around the world and both my parents and grandparents were only children, not to mention that my grandparents are dead!’ I begin crying anew.

‘It’s okay, it’ll all work out.’ Remus rubs my back, letting me cry on his shoulder, until all the boys leave.

‘I remember.’ I whisper to him, my head leaning on his chest.

‘Oh, really?’

‘Yes.’ I sigh, thinking about how perfect this moment is, considering the circumstances. ‘I used to really like you. A lot.’

‘And you don’t anymore?’ he raises an eyebrow.  

‘Well, that depends.’

‘On?’

‘Whether you’re going to let me kiss you or not.’ I slowly move my face to meet his and give him a quick peck on the lips, followed by another, and another.

‘Ew! Make-out fest!’ James screams when he walks in. I turn away embarrassed.

‘Yes we are kissing, so leave.’ Remus says boldly, glaring at James.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suprise! Didn't expect the did ya? Comment Vote and Share With Your Friends! OR ELSE! lol jk but please do those things.