07

Vicky West

''You're insane!'' Kent exclaimed.

''I'm not, thank you very much.'' I said and followed him from the other side of the counter. ''It's just a small talk with Harry, because I want to know what goes on in that brain of his.'' I informed Kent.

''I am not going to serve coffee to a twat,''

''It's your job,'' I hissed.

Kent stopped in his track, and turned around to me. ''So what? Why are you asking me out all of the employees?'' He placed his hands on the counter, and leaned forward to get an answer out of me.

''Because you're my friend, Kent.'' I explained seriously. ''You know about all the crap with Harry, so why not help me out?'' I asked him lovingly.

I knew Kent didn't want to do something for Harry Styles, and I understood that very well. But at the same time, Harry and I were just going to have a normal chat at the same booth he sat yesterday. After today, I needed to apologize for speaking so harshly to him about his money. I think I kind of hurt him.

''What about Clarity?'' He asked me eagerly.

''She doesn't know,''

''Well, it is time that she does.''

''Kent, wait,'' I ran after him. ''I can't tell Clarity this. She only knows that I have been back working at the Moulin Rouge, but that's it. Besides her, I also can't ask Veronica to do this before she is going to think Harry and I are practically engaged!'' I spoke dramatically. ''Do you get what I am saying?''

Kent sighed deeply. ''Fine,'' He hissed and I clapped cheerfully. ''You owe me,''

''I know, Kent. I owe you a lot.'' I told him.

After I finished work, I could finally change into some decent attire. I strolled into the bathroom for the staff, and locked the door behind me. I stripped out of my dress from work, and took a white shirt with ripped blue skinny jeans out of it. I put on my short black boots, and got out of the bathroom. I went to my private locker, and placed my bag inside, safely.

I looked at my watch, and saw that it was already a few minutes past 8. I quickly made a ponytail with my black wavy hair, and went back inside the café. I searched for the same booth promptly, and saw him already sitting there from a distance. He was looking around the café, observing it. I smiled gingerly and approached Harry.

''Hi,'' I greeted him.

He saw me standing, and a genuine smile appeared on his face. ''Hey,'' He replied.

''Have you already ordered?'' I asked him.

''Not yet, I was waiting on you.'' He told me.

''I will get us some coffee then,'' I announced, and he nodded his head.

I made my way over to the counter, and saw Kent already shooting me an unhappy glare. I sat on the bar chair, and he stumbled towards me with an empty tray. ''Black coffee, again?'' He asked.

''And one with milk and sugar,'' I announced. ''What's wrong?''

''Well, that Harry Styles lad is watching you the whole freaking time. I think he might be obsessed with you, Vicks.'' I started giggling for a few seconds, before I realized he was being absolutely serious. ''It looks like he only sees you in this café.''

''That's not true,'' I pointed out. ''It is because we are just going to have a small talk, and this is his second time here in V's Café.''

Kent placed the two cups of coffee on the tray, and shoved it to me. I didn't need Kent to bring it over to us, since I could easily walk on my own. I thanked him, but unfortunately Kent didn't let me go without a simple warning again. I appreciated how protective Kent was after all, but he didn't need to warn me about Harry right now. We were just going to have a simple chat, because I was interested in his life.