14

Vicky West

This morning I woke up with the best feeling after such a long time. I had so much fun with Kent back at V's Café, that I couldn't wipe this smile off my face. Los Angeles wasn't disappointing me either, since the sun was shining brightly today, and I could finally wear some shorts. Perhaps this was the day that made me the happiest in a long time, because I had no drama last night. I surely had, but it didn't follow me the whole evening.

It was beautiful to see how Kent was willing to do things for me at that time. He just stole the keys of the café, so we could have a normal talk inside. We have tasted different combinations of milkshakes, and it was great to finally have a laugh with someone. I didn't feel like I needed to be careful with my choice of words, I could tell him everything I wanted.

So now I stood in the bathroom, putting some body-lotion on after I showered. However, everything was going perfectly fine with this friendship, I was making my apartment more clean day by day. I finally could just stand properly in the living room, instead of jumping over every moving box.

I made breakfast, before I was going to get myself dressed. Everyone was going to have a hangover, instead of me. I was probably the smartest person of them all, if you sum everything up. We had danced intensively last night, and it was a lot of energy that was put into the dance. And then we heard we needed to dance the next morning very early. I couldn't bear that feeling, so I needed to do something different than partying.

Maybe I wasn't there for some team bonding, but at least I didn't lose any intelligent. I was sure that today I would hear a few things about the party. I wondered who was Harry's victim this time.

I grabbed a pair of white shorts, and a light blue tank-top. I slipped into my Nike Roshe-Run, and took everything that I needed with me to the car. But at that moment I realized that my car was still standing at the Moulin Rouge.

''Shit,'' I hissed under my breath.

There was no other option right now. In my street there never appeared a single bus, so I had to do the last thing I ever wanted to do; walk to the club. I placed my earplugs in my ears, and started a random play-list. The music was blasting through it, and it kept me occupied for as long as I needed to walk.

When I reached my destination, I walked over to the door to make it open. I was definitely on time, maybe a bit too early. But after all, I wouldn't be the one with an awful attitude in the morning. It didn't matter how many times I was going to push against that door, it didn't go open. I stepped away, and looked at it while I stood here. Maybe the back entrance would be open?

I walked a bit faster towards the back of the Moulin Rouge, this needed to work. But even when I pushed as hard as I could, the door wouldn't go open. Didn't Judy, Marcel or Charles need to be here at this time in the morning?

I groaned and turned around. I wanted to slide down and sit on the ground, but my eyes caught something that totally blew my mind. I stepped closer to the vehicle, and I looked instantly, if it was what I though it could be. And yes, I was right. I knocked loudly on the window from the driver's side, and I saw Harry blinking a few times before he looked right at me.

At first he backed up by cause of sudden panic, but then realized that he had slept in his car. I didn't understand why he was here in the first place, he had a party to attend to last night. I knocked again against the window, and I saw Harry opening his door. He rubbed a few times in his eyes, pushed his hair away from his forehead, and met my gaze.

''What the fuck?'' I asked him eagerly.

''Good morning to you too gorgeous,'' Harry muttered.

''Why are you in your car?'' I questioned.