28

Vicky West

When I finally became coherent, my body was one big painful mess. I groaned when I turned around; I knew that after falling my body would ache way more after I had slept. I was right, I was in pain. I rubbed my eyes, after the fuzziness in my brain cleared was met with the curtains from the balcony billowing in the wind. The doors that led to the balcony were probably open, and I wasn't sure whether Harry forgot to close them or just didn't want to.

Thinking about Harry made me turn around fast, my aching body protested against the sharp movements, but the spot next to me in bed was again left empty; I didn't know what his reason behind disappearing was this time.

It was hard for me to get out of bed, but I managed to push myself up and walk around the room.

I took a quick glance in the mirror, and luckily my hair wasn't a big mess this time. I lifted the t-shirt Harry had given me last night, to see my wound. It looked awful, since the laceration seemed to be pretty deep, but it wasn't a big enough concern that it would require me to see a doctor. I used my fingers to trace over the wound, and I flinched a bit when I came in contact with the broken and bruised skin. It was sensitive, and I definitely needed to take care of it.

I let the fabric fall back down over my body, and I opened the bedroom door. I stumbled down the stairs, and followed voices into the kitchen.

When I peeked around the wall, I saw Harry with his phone pressed against his ear, and he was furious. His veins were thick and prominent in his neck, and his hand was clenched into a fist, resting on the marble countertop.

''Don't fucking say that,'' Harry seethed into the phone. ''I don't give two damn shits about that, William.'' He bellowed.

I placed my hands against the wall, while I watched Harry from a distance. He rubbed the heel of his palm into his eye, and he brought the mug towards his lips. I saw that he wasn't pleased with the conversation he was currently having with William.

I didn't know what he was talking about, but I immediately thought about the past he and William shared. He told me William wasn't pleased with him canceling things out of the blue, and that could very well have been the cause of the argument over the phone. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

''William, just fucking listen for once, goddamn it.'' He spoke frustratingly. ''I am not giving away any personal information about my dancers, whether you like it or not. I've made it clear to you enough times that this is over, so don't fucking talk to me about it.'' Harry brought the phone away from his ear, and he pressed the 'end call' button.

''Trouble with work I assume,'' I spoke, loud enough for Harry to hear.

He turned around, and his eyes doubled in diameter when he saw me. ''You were supposed to stay in bed,'' He told me, clearly annoyed. ''I wanted to call a doctor after this phone call,''

''I am okay, Harry. I can walk, see?'' I said, as I stepped closer to him.

''But you're in pain, Vicks.'' He pointed out the obvious.

''I know, but I can hardly just lay down and do nothing.'' I said blatantly. ''I will make some coffee, do you want some?'' I asked Harry, not bothering to pay any attention to his condescending words.

He nodded his head in confirmation, so I approached the coffee machine to prepare our warm beverages.

''Still, I am not happy about you getting out of bed.'' Harry remarked.

''You did the same, Harry.'' I told him. ''I am not disabled, I just fell,''

''What actually happened yesterday? You never told me.'' Harry spoke suddenly.