run away with me | loki + reader

Hits the heart, just a little warning.
(If the gif is being still, click on it and it should restore itself c: )
____ ༆ ____

 (If the gif is being still, click on it and it should restore itself c: )____ ༆ ____

____ ༆ ____

I eye the lace at the hem of my gown, set in soft layers like feelings, like secrets, when the door of the chamber is flung open. 

It slams hard against the wall, the vibration echoing up my spine, and he is there, in the doorway, chest heaving as if he just raced up the stairs. 

His eyes are wild, like a wolf on the hunt, and he stalks across the room, gripping my shoulders and spinning me from the mirror until the only reflection in front of me is my image on the shine of his desperate eyes. 

"You can't marry him." He says, and I'm not sure I've ever heard such pleading in his voice before. 

"You can't marry him," he repeats as if I couldn't have heard him the first time, and lifts his hand to cradle my face against his palm. 

"You can't because I love you," He graces my cheek from temple to jaw with the back of his knuckles so gently that I want to cry. 

"And you love me," he adds and does not give me the opportunity to respond before fervidly pressing his lips to mine in a burning kiss that seals our secret. 

"Loki," I whisper out through the kiss.

"Yes, my love?" He says as he places his forehead against mine. 

"I can't hurt your brother." 

He's silent for a while that feels for an eternity until he speaks. "Run away with me." 

I hesitate to answer. My mind telling me I cannot leave Thor at the altar waiting for me, but my heart longs for Loki every waking moment. Then I say my response. "Yes." And with that, we ran down the halls of the palace, hand in hand, for only Valhalla to know where we will go.