beautiful | avengers + heathers au

_____________
𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 ㅡ 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚝.

𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢!

ㅡ𝚍𝚡𝚡𝚍𝚢𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎
______________

y/n stands at the bottom of the staircase that leads into her school - westerberg high. holding onto her journal tightly in her hand, she inhales deeply before letting it out slowing as she runs her free hand through her (your hair color). carefully walking up the stairs, she pulls out a pen from her jean pocket and opens her journal.

september 1, 1989

dear diary, i believe i'm a good person. you know, i think there's good in everyone. but here we are. first day of senior year! and, uh, i'm looking around at these kids i've known all my life and i ask myself, "what happened?"

as she enters the school, she could instantly feel the change in atmosphere as she brings the open journal closer to her chest as if she's trying to hide what she's written from wandering eyes. she walks down the middle of hallway as she continues to write in her journal.

we were so tiny, happy, and shiny. playing tag and getting chased. singing and clapping. laughing and napping. baking cookies, eating paste. then we got bigger, that was the trigger. like the Huns invading Rome.

y/n then bumps into someone which causes both of their shoulders to collide.

"hey!" the guys yelled out.

"ugh! oh ㅡ sorry." she says as her face flushes with embarrassment. she looks down at her journal once again and continues to write.

welcome to my school. this ain't no high school. this is the Thunder Dome. hold you breath and count the days, we're graduating soon. college will be paradise, if i'm not dead by June. but i know, I know, life can be beautiful. i pray and pray for a better way. if we changed back then, we could change again. we can be beautiful.

once again, y/n bumps into someone as she walked the halls.

"aww!" the boy cries out in pain as she holds his shoulder dramatically.

just not today.

"hey, are you okay?" she asks the boy as she extends her hand towards the boy to try and show her concern for him.

"get away, nerd!" the boy yells as he looks at her with a disgusted look before walking - well more stomping away from her.

"oh ㅡ okay," y/n says with a confused expression on her face as she continues to write.

things will get better, as soon as my letter comes from Harvard, Duke, or Brown. away from this come, take my diploma, then i can blow this town. dream of ivy-covered walls, and smoky French cafès. fight the urge to strike a math and set this dump ablaze.

"ooops!" peter barnes says as he slams her journal to the ground.

peter barnes. third year as linebacker, and eight year of smacking trays, and being a huge dick.

y/n didn't notice that she said the last part out loud until barnes turns around with an angry scowl on his face and hurriedly makes his way towards her, cornering her.

"what did you say to me, shank?" he says as he looks down at her with hatred plastered on his face.

"aah! nothing." y/n says quickly as she brings her hands up in fear.