tell me something beautiful | loki + reader

____༆____ 

____༆ ____

____༆ ____

You are working in the prisons of Asgard late at night every night, and you catch Loki reading a book- one that you are familiar with- in his cell.

You can't help but giggle lightly. "That's one of my favorite stories." Couldn't help but say it out loud.

"I find it frightfully dull and I'm ready to give up on it." He mutters as he looks up from his book.

"It's a good story." You insist to him trying to get him to continue to read but before you knew it, you were retelling the entire tale to him from start to finish. By the end of it, you noticed how wrapped up he was into listening that he decided he prefers listening to you tell him stories than having to read them alone in silence.

Soon, every night when you head down the prisons to do your work. He would always stop you in the middle of whatever you're doing and ask you for a new story. Gracefully telling him with a smile on your face each time.

And every night you indulge him, some are stories you heard as a child and some are from books you've read. Sometimes they're stories you made up just for him. One night, you are leaving, one of the guards even comments to you that your stories seem to have a calming effect to Loki, and you take that as the biggest compliment you've ever received.

Then comes the day Figgra died. You know about it before Loki does, but you are under strict orders to not say a word to him until one of the guards does. It puts you under a lot of stress, knowing he can have a tantrum or some type of angry range since he was close to his mother.

When you finally arrive that night and just in time to see the guard deliver the news and promptly leave. You hesitate, expecting to see some reaction, but instead, he returns his gaze to his book. When you finally find yourself scrubbing the floor outside of his cell, you look in and see him looking unfazed, like nothing's wrong at all.

You couldn't believe he really doesn't care and a part of you feels completely disgusted with him including yourself for ever thinking for a minute that someone like him could even have a heart. You keep all your thoughts to yourself and continue working. . .until you get too close to his cell.

The spell surrounding his cell vanishes, and rather than a calm and collected Loki, you see an utterly broken Loki, sitting on the floor of his cell, with all of his furniture smashed to pieces around him.

He looks up at you, trembling. His face is tear-stained, his eyes are swollen from crying, his hair is disheveled and you even spot a cut on his foot from where he treads a broken glass, but he doesn't seem aware of it.

In a shaky voice, he speaks to you. "Please. . .tell me a story." Choking he barely manages to say, "Tell me something beautiful. . .please!"

Without even questioning you tell him the most beautiful story you could remember from your childhood and told him from start to finish. 

_________