broken promise | steve + reader

____________

_____________

_____________

You sat on your bed letting your awaited tears fall down freely as you let the sadness creep within you.

it has been a week since steve came back from returning the infinity stones back to their correct time and yet he did something he promised not to do.

he went back to peggy ㅡ to which you understood but it broke your heart to thousand of pieces that you couldn't help but feel betrayed by his promise.

"god! why ㅡ why would he break his promise to me like that!?" you yelled out as you got up from your bed and started to pace the room.

"nothing makes sense. he ㅡ he went back to her when he said he wouldn't. iㅡ he got married to her when he proposed to me only a month ago," you rambled on as you kept pacing back and forward.

"WHY!?" you screamed out as you pu ched the wall in front of you in full force causing you to cry as intense pain pierced through your hand. "ahㅡ! fuck, fuck." you cried out as you instantly sat down on the floor and started to cry out in pain and in heartbreak.

hurried footsteps can be heard as they make their way to your bedroom door and rush inside to see what happened to you.

"y/n!" bucky cried out as he made his way towards your sobbing figure on the floor. "what happened?" bucky said as he looked at you with concern.

"whyㅡ?" you choked out as you continued to sob.

"y/n ㅡ you gotta tell me what's wrong," bucky says as he places his hands on your face as he gently moves your face up to make you look at him.

"why ㅡ why did he do it buck? why? he promised me he wouldn't go back to her but he did iㅡ" you said as you looked at bucky with lost hope in your eyes as more tears made their way out of your eyes.

bucky didn't know how to answer to you for he himself didn't understand why his best friend broke a promise he made to you. "i'm sorry," was all bucky could say to you as he pulled you into his chest and held onto you tightly as you cried harder into his chest.

"I am so sorry," bucky whispered out as he pulled you into his lap and continued to hold you as be tried to hold you and let you know that he is there to protect you.

for as this day and for the many days after today, you will never forget when steve broke a promise and left you heart broken.