avengers biker AU

"Hey, are you ready to head down that diner, slash, bar thing I was telling you about?" My best friend, (your best friend's name) said as she leaned against the door frame of your new room.

"Uh --- yeah sure, just let me finish up unpacking the last thing and we're out of here," I told her with a small smile as I looked at her over my shoulder.

"Yeah of course," She said with a wide smile as she turned back around and into the living room.

I quickly started to finish unpacking the last of the things and made my way to the living room where I saw (your best friend's name) on her phone. "Ready?" I asked her.

"Yup! Let's go --- we can walk there, it's not that far." She said as we both walked out of the house and started walking down the street.

As we continued walking down the streets of New York, I couldn't happen but feel that it somehow wasn't the same. Everything feels more gloomy, people look even more scared than they used to before I moved from here.

I decided to keep my questions for later as we entered the diner pub. As we walked down the aisle next to the bar, I couldn't help but hear a conversation that spiked my interest.

"I'm telling you those Avengers folks are getting even more aggressive every day. I mean, look at Joe! Look what they did to his face! We are not safe in New York or anywhere really considering they're branching out even more now," The man sitting in the bar's stool.

Avengers? Who are they?

Once we settled in a booth, I placed my arms on the table and leaned on them. "So who are the Avengers?" I asked (your best friend's name) with a curious look on my face.

Her eyes widen quite dramatically when I said the word, which caused her to hush me rather quickly and look around as if she just heard someone has been following us.

"You can't --- you can't say that name out loud!" She whisper yells to me as she leans in closely towards me.

"And why is that?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Because any one of them could be listing in on us," she said as she looked around the diner as if looking for any sign of these "avengers."

"Okay --- who or what are they?"

"They're the most feared group of bikers in New York. They started to become known litteraly a week after you left from here three years ago. They're ruthless, they don't spare a single thought when you cross their lines. If you make a deal with them you have to make you sure you met the end of the deal unless you want to be dead. They're branching out to other states too --- so they're about to be the most feared biker gang in America." She said in a hushed voice.

I look at her with an interested look.

They sound very like a very intriguing group of people.

And I'm guessing the look on my face gave away on my thought.

"No y/n --- no, they're people you can't go near. Promise me you won't go near them," she said as she took hold of my hand tightly as she gives me a concerning look.

I looked at her. I kept bouncing around in my head for my response, thinking of the right words to say without letting her know I can't exactly keep the promise she wants me to keep.

"Of course," I said with a small tight smile.

"Thank you," she said as she let out a sigh of relief and a warm smile.

But I couldn't help the guilty feeling in my stomach stop growing.

/

\