22

"I can't believe that happened to you." Jimin seemed just as shocked as Jungkook was.

"Eh, it doesn't matter. They were just a couple of clueless punks trying to be gangsters. I've dealt with idiots like them my whole life." Yoongi shook his head, taking a sip of his water bottle casually.

"Damn, really?" Namjoon raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, mostly when I was on the streets." Yoongi nodded, noticing the shock on their faces.

"You lived on the streets?!" Taehyung shrieked a bit too loud, some kids in the cafeteria looking over at them.

"Yeah, for about 9 years or so." Yoongi shrugged, staring down at his bruised knuckles.

"Holy shit." Hoseok blinked a few times.

None of them would've guessed it. Yoongi seemed a bit rough around the edges, maybe that was why. Living like that must really toughen you up, especially from a young age.

"It's the past, no matter how much you don't like it, you can't change it. Only thing you change is the future." Yoongi murmured as he stared out one of the windows. He seemed deep in thought.

The others noticed the change in his expression and decided to not pursue what he was talking about. Seemed to be a sensitive topic.

They had no idea.

~~~~

Yoongi got home and threw his keys on the counter, dropping his backpack next to the couch. He furrowed his brows, looking down at his bruised knuckles again. He went to his kitchen and swung open the door of the fridge. His eyes scanned the interior before they landed on a six pack of beer. He grabbed a bottle and shut the fridge. He effortlessly twisted off the cap and put the bottle to his lips, taking a swig.

Yoongi was always a responsible drinker. He's never been drunk, not even tipsy. When he drinks he only had one or two beers. Sometimes wine. He usually only drank after a stressful day. Hey, it was better than smoking.

Yoongi sat on the couch and thought about last night. He regretted it deeply. He should've just kept driving. He promised himself he would not go back to that kind of life. Fighting isn't the solution.

Fighting used to be something for survival. Now that he was already successful at the age of 18, there was no reason for it. He wanted to get rid of that part of his life. But no matter where he went or what he did, it seemed to follow him.

That's why he couldn't be with Jungkook.

Am I seriously doing angst damn this is unusual