23

Four months had passed and Yoongi grew more and more distant from his new friends. As much as it pained him, they didn't deserve to be around someone like him. Anytime they hung out, they could be in danger. Old enemies or just assholes.

He would occasionally help Jungkook with his math, but only for less than an hour. He hated seeing the hurt in Jungkook's eyes when he cut their conversations short or barely spared him a glance in the halls and the classes they shared.

He stopped sitting at their lunch table, and instead resigned back to his corner table. He was back where he was for almost the entirety of his life.

Alone.

Yoongi screwed his eyes shut and bit his lip, inhaling sharply. He couldn't cry. No. Crying makes you weak. That's what his birth father always told him.

But he wanted to. He wanted so badly to cry his eyes out like a baby. No, he had to stay strong. He wouldn't do this with no good reason.

All these months his parents assumed he was happy, finally having friends again. He hated lying to them, and to himself. He told himself this was for Jungkook's own good, as well as his own. Maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't.

Maybe he was just too scared to lose someone else.

I love how none of the comments make sense anymore because I am changing the entire plot.