24

Jungkook grew noticeably quieter and less enthusiastic after Yoongi started avoiding him. His friends were upset too, but more pissed that Yoongi had led him on and then left out of nowhere. They really could've been good together.

Jungkook knew that. That's what made it worse.

"I really thought he liked me." Jungkook mumbled, taking another spoonful of soup into his mouth. More specifically, the same kind of soup Yoongi made him when he was sick.

"We all did, Kook. But you really have to move past this. He seemed cool but it turns out he's just a jerk. You need to stop thinking about an ass like him and move on." Jin shook his head, using all his strength to not start yelling about how he knew he was right all along and that Yoongi shouldn't be trusted.

"How, though? I'll still see him everyday for the rest of the school year, even if we never talk." Jungkook sighed, dropping the spoon into the half full bowl, a loud clatter sounding and some soup splashing onto the counter.

"He isn't worth it. We aren't saying you can forget him, just stop liking him. After what he did to you, you'd think that'd be pretty easy." Namjoon huffed, crossing his arms over his chest while staring at the younger, who avoided eye contact.

"I know, it's just gonna be hard. I felt something when I was with him. And I know he had to have felt it too, there's no way he couldn't have. I just don't know what made him suddenly disappear." Jungkook mumbled, staring at the marble counter, deep in thought.

"It's been almost 7 months now, Jungkook. He's not gonna come back. Stop thinking abut your moments with him and start thinking about moments that could happen with someone new. Someone who will treat you right." Jin sighed, staring at the younger sympathetically.

"I don't really want to." Jungkook shrugged, twiddling his thumbs.

"Well too bad, I already set you up on a date." Jin crossed his arms smugly, Jungkook looking up at him with wide eyes.

"What?! Why would you do that?" Jungkook gasped, his expression completely shocked.

"Like I said, you need to move on. It's just one date, I'm not saying you have to marry the guy. This is just the first step. He's really great and he'll be over in a few hours to pick you up. Make sure you're ready." Jin hummed, heading for the front door without another word. Namjoon waved and followed him out the door.

"I can't believe this." Jungkook whispered to himself, tugging on his hair out of frustration.

He figured there was no way to get out of it, he had no way to contact his date and he knew Jin would refuse to cancel it if he asked. He thought about what Jin and Namjoon told him. He really should just get over it. Him and Yoongi were never even official, he didn't know why it took such a toll on him.

He sighed softly and decided to make himself presentable for the date. Before he knew it, an hour had passed. Jin had never given an exact time, so all he could do was wait around. He sat on the couch nervously biting his lip and messing with the hem of his shirt.

A knock on the front door startled him. The solid knocks, not very gentle at all.

What had he gotten himself into?

He exhaled and stood, smoothing his shirt and jacket, shuffling to the door. He unlocked it and opened it.

"Yoongi?"

I don't like angst but I think this is going okay